What's new

Friends-Joey and Rachel episode speculation... (1 Viewer)

Leroy

Second Unit
I'm surprised there hasn't been any discussion on this. I'm really hoping this is a misdirection ploy to get people to watch.

Joey and Rachel together=me not watching hte show anymore. I don't really think Joey would do that to Ross but who knows.

TimDoss

Second Unit
Do what to Ross? This so called code that says you can't

date a friends ex is total crap. Joey and Rachel have been

friends for a long time, if they're good for each other, then they're good for each other. Period.

Where does Ross fit into their happiness? The dude can't even get his

own life straight, why should he be any influence over anyone else's?

Leroy

Second Unit
Mostly because Joey would be dating the mother of Ross's child. Just seems like it would make everything way to strange. Especially when they already hinted that Ross and Rachel still have strong feelings for each other in previous episodes of this season.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
It's probably a misdirection. The couples so naturally pair up, i.e. Monica & Chandler, Ross & Rachel, Joey & Phoebe.

They've done far too much establishing that dynamic to spoil it a few yards from the end goal.

TimDoss

Second Unit
Actually I think the two of them make a good pair... they seem to have a connection

that none of the others share. But who knows... I think the funniest thing would be for

her to blow everybody off and go hook up with Gunther.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Myself, I think it's more misdirection, since SURVIVOR'S last ep. airs the same time. I've seen too many of these "revelation" promos that lead to nothing in the show itself. I'll probably be watching DVDs at that time anyway and wait for the summer reruns.

DougWright

Stunt Coordinator
From what I can tell (reading the TV listings) Rachel is only going out on a date to help him prepare for a big date.

I never watch live tv so I dont watch commercials but if they are hinting at the 2 of them linking up I assume they are wrong.

I'm in the misdirection camp myself. Joey and Rachel as a serious couple just doesn't make sense. It comes out of leftfield and would reverse what has been a great season so far. How many times did NBC pull the "Is this the night for Niles and Daphne?" tease only to have an episode which had little or nothing to do with that?

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
According to TV Guide, this storyline will play out over a couple episodes. But my guess, in the end Joey will come out of it knowing that he is ready to settle down, but it will be with Phoebe and not Rachel.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Like others, I bet this just a ploy to get people to watch the show. Joey and Rachel can't get together! It's just one of those things that is NOT supposed to happen!

Bergan Peters

Stunt Coordinator
Didnt this episode already air? Have I come from the future? Unless friends has two IDENTICAL episodes per season, this one already played:

Rachel becomes hormonal and desires sex, she and joey discuss it but decide they are better off friends. Phoebe then attempts to set Rachel up with a desperate nerdy friend of hers, Rachel declines.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
What is this - the Oxygen network?
OK, OK, I'm a Friends basher, but only because I've had to tolerate those goddam endless and annoying commercials for this week's big episode for what feels like the past month!
The Big Ragout: "I'm so scared!"
And what's the deal with the music? When I think "Friends", I don't think lame Enya music. I think lame Hootie and the Blowfish music!
But I don't think this show is trying to jump the shark. I think they're actually attempting to mount the shark (and I don't mean taxidermically!). ;)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Bergan, this is a completely different episode. Quick synopsis:
Joey is talking about a big date coming up and Rachel laments that she will miss dating. Joey, being a pal, offers to give her a night on the town. They go on the "date" and have a good, platonic time, discussing each other's dating moves among other things. The next night, Joey's real date disappoints him and he realizes he may have feelings for Rachel. Show ends with them in the chair watching "Cujo" (a Joey recommendation to Rachel) - this is what the "I'm so scared" is all about. There is no indication that Rachel feels what Joey thinks he feels.
As usual, NBC's shameless promos overplayed and misrepresented the events in the episode.
BTW, Al, there was no Enya music in the episode, although Ms. Pac-Man did make an appearance. ;)

Leroy

Second Unit
Whew!! Although I had a feeling that it was just a ploy, you never know what a network will do for ratings.

I wonder, though, If she will ever find out. I'm thinking this will just make Joey realize that it's time to gorw up and settle down(just not with Rachel). At least we know from next week's preview that he tells Chandler.

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
I dont think it should work out with Joey and Rach. I think itd be too weird having Joey the father of Ross's baby.

But all in all, Joey and Rach DO make a nice couple.

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
Love triangle,

Joey and rachel hit it off, then Rachel realizes she still loves Ross, Ross gets all seriose, and by the last episode the get married.

Joey gets a job on a Big Hollywood movie and moves away.

Todd Hostettler

Second Unit
Love triangle,

Joey and rachel hit it off, then Rachel realizes she still loves Ross, Ross gets all seriose, and by the last episode the get married.

Joey gets a job on a Big Hollywood movie and moves away.

DING DING!!! Pick out a stuffed animal, Bill. You just won the prize.

Darren H

Second Unit
All I know is that Rachel's moves would work on me, especially that little goodnight whimper. Sigh . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks