What's new

Friends from College - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Netflix-Friends-From-College-cast.jpg

The story is not normally my cup of tea for a Comedy but I tried it and surprisingly I'm enjoying it. Watched the first two episodes. There is a scene with a bicycle in episode 2 that burst me into laughter like I have not done in a long time.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
The reviews have not been kind to this one. Even the above picture makes it look a bit like it's about a bunch of dooshy Gen X people.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
This show does not go down smoothly. Considering the talent involved, I am expecting some gigantic laughs or at least a consistent atmosphere of comedy. But it already feels like they're mining the same joke/situation over and over again, and it's only been two episodes for me.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The reviews have not been kind to this one. Even the above picture makes it look a bit like it's about a bunch of dooshy Gen X people.
It is about a bunch of dooshy Gen X people..

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Episode 3 was not good but episode 4 was very funny. I say the best of the series so far.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I don't like it not because it isn't well acted or written, which it really isn't but because it is just a bunch of horrible selfish people doing terrible
things just due to them being so selfish and self centered.

Sure there are a handful of laughs but there's also Three's Company level slapstick shtick.
Lazy story telling and acting.

These are people who you would never want to be friends with or even know.

It's not entertaining. It is so uncomfortable watching these people.
Every moment that passes I'm waiting for the next awful thing someone will do.

David Brent on the original Office is awkward and uncomfortable to watch but at least he and that show has a heart behind all the stuff he does.

These people have non of that. No heart, no soul.

Just selfish narcissistic unlikable people.

I have one ep to go and the only way I see this ending properly is for them to all be on a plane that crashes into the ocean.

I watched it just last night and I have no memory of the bicycle thing mentioned a few posts back.

I want to watch the last episode with my wife because she wants to and then wipe it from my brain.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I watched the first episode and am on the fence. Can't disagree with most of the negative stuff said on here. I also feel like the "secret" affair seems completely unnecessary and only hurts the overall feel of the show. I can't help but think it would be better received without that.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'm still on episode 4 but the affair is central. All the good laughs come from that.

It's true that it is just a bunch of horrible selfish people doing terrible things.
The question is, do you enjoy Seinfeld? Seinfeld is also about a bunch of horrible people.
I think to enjoy it, you have to pass a point and enjoy it on another level. That you are not
watching this to have a good feeling or like the people. This isn't Friends.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Well Seinfeld was funny.
Introduced iconic level phrases and words into society.
They are likable people in spite of their being somewhat terrible people.
And well it was actually funny.

I've seen Seinfeld and Friends from College is No Seinfeld.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I watched it just last night and I have no memory of the bicycle thing mentioned a few posts back.
I've watched the first 5 episodes and have not seen any scene about a bicycle.

Still on the fence on the show but did enjoy the winery episode.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
They are arguing in the car about the dead rabbit and they hit a person on a bicycle.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Oh yeh. I forgot.

Killing a rabbit which btw why was it out of the cage, why? Because the script called for it. No other reason. There is no logical reason. Other than it needed to be so they could kill it.

It's just lazy writing. As soon as what's her name asked Key and Peele to take the rabbit to the vet you know it's going to die and get replaced.

But yeh killingbthe rabbit and hitting a byciclist is a riot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mat1
Recent bookmarks