What's new

Friends complete seasons coming soon?!? (1 Viewer)

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
While this is the epitome of preliminary information, it does look promising.
Seems that on 4/30/2002 Warner is finally releasing Friends in complete seasons. Not bad at $70, pretty sketchy info though. Check it out here.
Also in doing some research I found a complete listing of the episode guide, in case anyone is wondering what made up the first season. http://www.friends-tv.org/epguide.html
Very, very preliminary, but has potential
-Chad

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Warner, please that this be true and give us the full first season along with the rest.

Of course this is probaly wishful thinking, especially since it is just there on deepdiscount for some strange reason. Maybe someone should email them and ask what the deal with it is? It seems they are selling it for 52 dollars which isnt bad.

We will cross our fingers and wait.

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I sure hope this news is true. I would buy this set in a heartbeat. Warner please listen to the fans of the show.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I hope it’s a normal edition without the extended cuts because if not I have to buy them all over again! :D

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Looks good.. hopefully a confirmation will be coming soon.
Anyone else out there who has more TV on their "buy lists" this spring than movies:
Star Trek: TNG (Seasons 1,2...)
X-Files (5)
Buffy (1,2)
Roots
M*A*S*H (1,2)
Upstairs, Downstairs (2,3)
Sex & The City (3)
Simpsons (2)
Stargate SG-1 (2)
Larry Sanders (1)
All In The Family (1)
and now "Friends"
I gotta get a second job... ;)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
As much as I hate, hate, HATE this show, I must say it is a step in the right direction as far as TV on DVD is concerned. So if I want to see a complete Warner-owned series on DVD, I can always say "If it's good enough for Friends..."

In case anyone else has been reserving their excitement for an official confirmation, thedigitalbits.com has it:

Yep - it's true. We've confirmed that Warner will soon release Friends: The Complete First Season on DVD! We don't have an official street date, but word is April 30th according to a few retailers. We'll post more details as soon as they're available.
Wow. First Star Trek, now this. I'm almost hoping that there aren't any more big announcements coming soon - I won't be able to afford to eat!

StevenA

Second Unit
MatthewA, I feel the same way: I think this is very positive news indeed, but not because I like the show (which, shall I say, is not to my taste), but because releasing such a high-profile, live-action comedy series in complete season sets may begin a trend.

And if that happens industry-wide, SEINFELD can't be too far off, can it?

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I accidently started another thread on this not seeing this one already in progress. I'm very pleased that Warner has done this. Not only is Friends an awesome show but this could lead to more South Park on DVD and it is just flat out good to have more season-by-season on DVD.THANK YOU WARNER.

Craig_T

Second Unit
Looks like Warner's finally getting sick of sitting on the sidelines while Fox and now Paramount both put them completely to shame regarding TV on DVD.

Blu

Screenwriter
If this is true could that possibly mean that Babylon 5 COULD EVENTUALLY make its was to DVD in season sets this year????

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
If this is true could that possibly mean that Babylon 5 COULD EVENTUALLY make its way to DVD in season sets this year?
Whoa, let's not get carried away there, guy. :)
Actually I'm told (by a reliable source) that Warner Bros. is planning "lots of TV product" for 2002, but they aren't releasing specifics yet. I've cleared some space on my bookshelf, just in case. :)
Regards,
Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks