What's new

Friends Bluray (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Anyone has information if the Bluray is the Cut versions or uncut? Was it announced? I was under the impression that they announced the uncut versions but I'm afraid that they are the cut versions.
I found out that the pilot on bluray is 22:48 but I have the Complete DVD set and the extended cut is 29:37. It's 7 minutes more. Anyone knows about this?

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
From what I've read on other sites the episodes are the original televised versions not the cut syndicated versions. However the EXTENDED episodes were done to tape so they aren't able to upgrade those to HD from my understanding. I hope this helps and others may chime in and confirm this or add to the discussion.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'm very disappointed. I wanted the higher resolution and widescreen but I love the extended cuts that were released on R1 DVD sets. They have actually very funny moments.
I remember one where Chandler does a pushup before bed and it was real funny.
Man they spend this much time and after all this time no extended cuts!!? :(
I don't think that I'm going to upgrade. Will stay with the DVDs.

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
Check out this thread where this has been discussed:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/321657/whv-press-release-friends-the-complete-series-blu-ray

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks