What's new

Friends 912 - The One With Phoebes Rats (1 Viewer)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I’m surprised that there is no topic on this. This week’s episode was explosive. What do you think of it? The Rachel, Ross part. I’m kind of unhappy that they are doing this AGAIN to them. They are naturally going to have a big fight AGAIN and split AGAIN. It’s just like they never want them to be happy together for even few episodes. Any time they kind of get together, a disaster would come up soon! I also think what Rachel did at the end was wrong and out of character.

Personally although Chandler and Monica are my favorite couple, I think it’s better to make them separate and have a big fight for a while maybe. Their relationship is getting unfunny and boring. I mean Chandler was maybe the number one of this show. They should throw a little more spice to his character and write him better and wittier like before!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Uhhh...I was too distracted by the hot nanny (Melissa George) and her girlfriend to be worrying about consistency of character for Rachel.
;)

Jim Spencer

Stunt Coordinator
I thought this was one of the worst episodes that I can remember. All of the jokes were so forced that it was painful to watch.

Rachel: "Monica I'll help you clean up after the party"

Monica: "No way, you had your party, now I'll have mine.

And the rat story line was just stupid.

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Like Sam, I'm getting a bit tired of the writers trying to keep the "Sexual Tension" going with Ross and Rachel. They've had a baby for goodness sake! How much MORE sexual tension can there be? Add to that, they live together and at least in my opinion, appear very natural together as a couple...make it happen! It's been nine years already...get them together permanently.

I still think Joey is the funniest character on the show. Just his facial expressions crack me up at time! Phoebe is also great and completely overlooked at times but the girl has a lot on the ball!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've never 'gotten' the character of Ross (his whole persona just rankles me). His success with hooking up with women just astounds me, so I can't quite treat the show all that realistically, so the inconsistencies in character don't bother me at all.

And yes, IMHO, Joey is the only character that could possibly sustain his own show from the cast of Friends.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I've never 'gotten' the character of Ross (his whole persona just rankles me). His success with hooking up with women just astounds me, so I can't quite treat the show all that realistically, so the inconsistencies in character don't bother me at all.
Amen. :emoji_thumbsup: [phoebe]HATE that guy![/phoebe]
I'd love to see a Joey spin-off.

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Wasn't there rumors of a possible spin-off for Joey when the series finally goes the way of the Dodo?

As for Ross, the character was different, at least in my opinion, the first few seasons but lately they've made him a total DWEEB!

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
That was Melissa George? [Firing up ReplayTV] She looks a little different than when she was on Thieves -- although definitely still hot.

And it's no longer sexual tension, it's romantic tension. Will they end up together or not. I wonder if they thought up this episode before they signed for yet another season.

//Ken

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yup, Melissa George has let her hair grow up, so that's probably why she looks a bit different than when she was on "Thieves" last year.

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Ok, "Romantic Tension" then...but it needs to stop NOW!

Also, I didn't know who the hot nanny was. I only knew that she was *WAAAAAY HOT*!

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Uh, didn't Ross say he didn't want to marry Rachel at the beginning of the season, and now he's pouting around AGAIN just because an adult woman finds another guy attractive? I tired of the whole Ross/Rachel thing 3 years ago! And I completely agree that Matt LeBlanc DESERVES his own spin off series! He cracks me up with just a typical Joey look.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Uh, didn't Ross say he didn't want to marry Rachel at the beginning of the season, and now he's pouting around AGAIN just because an adult woman finds another guy attractive?
Perfectly normal reaction, happens ALL THE TIME.

I do agree that their story got OOOOOLD a long time ago. Enough already.

BTW, Ross said early in the season that he wants to get with Rachel for the right reasons, not because they have a baby together, not because she would have said "yes" to anyone at that time. Big difference.

--
Holadem

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Ah! Maybe I'm just tiring of the whole Ross/Rachel angle altogether and tuning out whenever I see them together on screen.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
It is enough already with Ross & Rachel. They should be together. It is time to come up with a new story plot.

DeeF

Screenwriter
I have an idea for Matt LeBlanc. How about another show where he's Joey, the soap-actor playing Dr. Drake Ramore? They could have plenty of scenes of the show within a show, along with Joey's typical boneheadedness backstage.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
I actually welcome story lines with Ross and Rachel cause that means that they won't be doing story lines with Phoebe. Her as the focus is just plain terrible. The rats? I know she's quirky, but com'on.

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
The episode where Joey taught "Soap Opera Acting Class" is one of my favorites simply beacuse Matt Leblanc was the focus, and he is so naturally funny with the character.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Joey's charcater is funny in moderation, but there's no way he could carry a half-hour sitcom. The whole dumb, dopey Joey thing would get old real fast.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Agreed. IMO, Chandler seems to be the only natural comedian of the lot - my fav btw :)
--
Holadem

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
As for Ross, the character was different, at least in my opinion, the first few seasons but lately they've made him a total DWEEB!
I am again in complete agreement. I dare anyone who argues that the quality of the show's writing has not declined to watch a few episodes from Seasons 1 and 2, then watch a few from Seasons 7 onwards. Ross used to be an intelligent, kind-hearted guy longing for a deep romantic connection, but who wasn't always very smooth with small talk or relationship initiating. These days he's nothing but Shouting/Dorky Ross, one with nothing at all likeable or sympathetic about him.

I'm excited that Season 3 will be coming out this spring, but once I purchase that and Season 4, I'm done. Season 5 is when the quality began slipping, and I have all the post-Season 4 shows I want from the 2 Best Of collections.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks