What's new

Friends 9/26 (1 Viewer)

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I love Friends but haven't I seen this season premiere about a dozen times before? The 'mixing up' of characters is getting old.

I was mildly annoyed when Ross went from saying he didn't propose to 'I have been tired, maybe I did propose' while talking with Phoebe.
Come on writers, you can do better than that, can't you?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, that particular line got the biggest laugh of the night in my house.
"It does seem like something I would do." :laugh:

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I agree as well. It was a funny line and there were others as well. I enjoyed the show but I just feel the episode structure has been used one too many times.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Ross is way too whiney and wimpy now. Very irritating. How could Rachel like him anyway?

This could be now called Friends: The Soap Opera with all the love triangles and trists and miscommunications they come up with.

Dan

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I thought it was quite a funny episode and I liked the way the whole "misunderstanding" was handled; I was getting ready to get upset but I never did.

I agree the "It does sound like something I would do." line was very funny; I laughed out loud.

Joey was going nuts when Rachel started to breast feed.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Good episode, but a little too familiar by now... and yes, that line from Ross was the best of the show. :)
/Mike

Art Martinez

Stunt Coordinator
I think that the episode was a goood one. Again not great but a good one. One thing that I am happy with is that they wrapped up the whole missunderstanding about "Joey's" proposal in the first episode. I know that there is still a lot to be done with the "where are Ross and Rachel" angle but I did not want the missunderstood proposal to take up too much time in what may be the last season.

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
I thought this Friends was pretty solid, good balance between the engagement story and the Jack Gellar fiasco (please have Elliot Gould in every episode, even if it's just to deliver 1 line). Looks like we'll have a season on Monica begging to get pregnant, that should get old fast. Are they going to try and work Joey and Phoebe together? God I hope not. I imagine they will work Ross and Rachel together, lest the too many people who take things like this too seriously get upset, that these fictional characters not end up together.

Man, should hit the sack, getting too worked up. Well, with the WWE sucking as of late, I think I might stick with Friends on Thursdays, if it proves to be as solid as tonight's episode.

Chris

Raymond_H

Stunt Coordinator
Man, should hit the sack, getting too worked up. Well, with the WWE sucking as of late, I think I might stick with Friends on Thursdays, if it proves to be as solid as tonight's episode.
WWE's Monday Night Raw sucks, but Smackdown is quite good. Obviously the much better talent, also the writing of Paul Heyman makes it sorta have that ECW feel.
Eddy Guerrero -vs- Edge from last night, was probaly one of the best T.V wrestling matches EVER.
Staying on topic. ;)
Friends was very solid. I laughed throughout, and I thought the structure of last night's show was entertaining and each character was used for good. Often times, 1 or 2 cast members will be left out with nothing to add. But I thought each had their funny moments last night.
Ray

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Phoebe's revelation to Ross that he "touches himself" while sleeping was hilarious.
While you were sleeping on the couch in the waiting room? That Armenian family was watching you instead of the TV. :laugh:
And, yes, the whole Monica & Chandler thing is wearing very, very thin. If the season focuses on them, and their attempt at a baby, I'll be very disappointed.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i liked the episode, even if it wasn't too original.

funny+familiar is still ALOT better than unfunny+familiar. think of openers of seasons past ("stealing monica's thunder"?!?!? C'MON!) this show was pretty bad a couple seasons ago but it's getting much better.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

I agree the wrapping up the misunderstanding in this episode was great (that would have gotten old quickly) I'm just not up for another round of will they? or won't they? with Ross and Rachel. I say get them together quickly, and let that throw Joey and Phoebe's lives into tailspins (same age as tehir frineds and still unattached) and get those two some serious play (not with eachother, though) in the relationship department. Besdies, anymore those two are the funniest friends.

ChristopherS

Second Unit
And lets not forget about the wonderful fart jokes. Or the father watching his daughter have sex, and then giving Chandler advice on how to best pleasure his daughter. Quality stuff. For now on in my house NBC's Thursday night line-up starts at 8:30 p.m. with Scrubs.

Chris

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The whole proposal misunderstanding reminded me much of the usual misunderstanding from "Three's Company".

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The whole proposal misunderstanding reminded me much of the usual misunderstanding from "Three's Company".
exactly i was going to post the same thing.
ep was funny tho'
i would rather watch scripts from 3's company with the friends cast anyday.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
I was surprised at the blatant sex in BOTH episodes (Friends & Scrubs). My 10 year old son usually enjoys watching both shows with his mother and I. For the MOST part, the sexual innuendo is pretty subtle. I was SHOCKED to hear Joey utter the line "there are 2 people screwing in the closet". Way over the top.
That had to be a first for an 8:00 network prime time slot (non-Fox) and I was absolutely not expecting it.
I've been a big fan of Friends and it's a little disappointing, if you ask me.
C

EricW

Senior HTF Member
I was SHOCKED to hear Joey utter the line "there are 2 people screwing in the closet". Way over the top.
yeah, but this show is filled with inuendo. by now it should be taken for granted. remember last season's ender, Joey and Pheobe were questioning a proespective guy for Pheobe, and both were disappointed he wasn't into anything weird "sexually". so how's a kid supposed to take that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks