What's new

Friends 3rd and 4th season (1 Viewer)

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all-

Does anyone know if they plan to release the 3rd and 4th season of Friends anytime soon?

-Miles

Joel C

Screenwriter
S3 is out in April, at a lower price of $44.99. S4 will probably be out 4-6 months later.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Season 3 will be out on April 1, to be exact. Click here for details and box art from TVShowsOnDVD.com (I just made sure it was complete and accurate).

No word on Season 4 yet at all, but 4-6 months is a good guess. Especially based on the fact that it was 4 months from S1 to S2, and then 6 7 months from S2 to S3! :D

Edit: correcting month count from 6 to 7. I can't add.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Is it just me or are these flying out? It seems like every time i turn around another is announced and released.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think it's just you. Only two sets have been released to date, and those were over the course of an entire year.

Now Paramount's release of "Star Trek The Next Generation," all seven season sets in less than a year, that's closer to "flying out."

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys!

Personally, I can't wait for the next seasons to come out.
My girlfriend is determined to own all of 'em,
and as these are her first dvd purchases, I'm all for it.

-Miles

John Simon

Second Unit
I agree with Malcolm. These sets actually seem to me like they're crawling out, especially when you consider there are very few extra features in the sets. I really don't know why they're not releasing 3-4 sets per year, especially since they're not very expensive, and yet have a huge fan base.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Now Paramount's release of "Star Trek The Next Generation," all seven season sets in less than a year, that's closer to "flying out."
You got that right! Having to review seven seasons in barely nine months practically killed me, and now I gotta do it again for Deep Space Nine...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
It's actually 2 in 11 months, with 4 months between the first two and 7 months between the second two (I had said six earlier, but I just corrected it).

It was 4/30/02 for the first season, and will be 4/1/03 for the third season. A couple of days shy of 11 months even.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thomas, a VERY good question. :)

And you hit the bullseye: On April 1st, Warner intends to reduce the price of both Friends Season 1 and Friends Season 2. The new SRP will be $39.92!

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Good deal about the lower pricing. I might be able to finally pick them up.

On the other hand, they're replayed 4 different times a day on tv. We'll see.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
And you hit the bullseye: On April 1st, Warner intends to reduce the price of both Friends Season 1 and Friends Season 2. The new SRP will be $39.92!
Cool. I currently only own Friends: Season 1 (purchased used for $25.00+S&H from the Amazon.com Marketplace several months ago). Now that Friends: Season 2 will be going down in price, I will finally be able to get it. I am also happy that the price for Friends: Season 3 is going to be cheaper than S1 & S2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks