Friends 2/19/04

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Benny G, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Benny G

Benny G Second Unit

So, who would have said no? [​IMG]

I enjoyed the episode. I got kind of sick of Joey's French attempt. Though the Ross/Rachel thing may have been "forced", I thought it seemed pretty natural. The way it tied in with her dad was pretty decent.

I wouldn't have said no. [​IMG]

2. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

Yes, Ross deserves a metal. [​IMG]

Pretty good episode. I didn't tire of Joey's French attempt, thought it was pretty funny every time.

At least they are letting the Ross/Rachel thing develop a bit more instead of jumping straight into it. I agree that it appeared fairly natural.

What happened after the credits? I missed it.

3. Benny G

Benny G Second Unit

Phoebe was with Joey in his apartment. She was holding his resume, and crossing things out he couldn't do. She crossed off tap dancing and horseback riding. Then came "can drink a gallon of milk in 10 seconds". She didn't believe him, so he pulled a gallon out of the fridge and chugged it. He basically poured it all over himself, and it probably took like 15-20 seconds. Phoebe got excited and said something like "you CAN do it!!"

4. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor
    The French plot made no sense. Joey's no Einstein, but lately they've turned him into a complete ninny.

However, the milk thing at the end was hilarious.

I also liked the Ross/Rachel storyline. They let a decent amount of time pass from the Joey/Charlie liasons. The spark has been relit, and they are starting to think about being with each other again. Nicely done.

My favorite line: "I hate waste." [​IMG] Great delivery by Schwimmer.

5. ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait Cinematographer

I was at a friends house and helping her unpack and lost track of time. She doesn't have cable so we had to come back to my place to watch it. I missed the first 6 minutes. Did I miss anything good?

I thought Ross declining Rachel was a little weird. After all this time of him wanting to get back with her, she throws herself at him, and he says no? Just didn't seem right to me.

Ross: I don't want to take advantage of you.

Rachel: I'm in a position to be taken advantage of! (Or something to that effect.)

Had me laughing as well as Joey drinking the gallon of milk.

I was also laughing at Monica and Erica (the mother giving her baby to the Bings) fooling Chandler with who the baby's father was.

Chander: Were they doing the thing we almost never do or the thing we never do?

Monica: The thing we never do.

I like how it was left to the imagination as to what those two things were. I'm guessing BJ for the thing we almost never do and anal sex for what we never do.

6. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee

For some reason your stating it just ruined it for me. Must be that mystery factor [​IMG]

I did tire a bit of the Joey Franco-babble but the first time was hilarious. Whenever I try to teach people a Cantonese word or phrase they RARELY get it right the first time and I'm often having to hold back a laugh because it's so off. I've done the same with French but it's usually not so off target.

Good episode. Certainly an improvement from last week's weird tone.

7. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

Same guess here.

..and yes Ross deserves a medal. I couldn't of said no if I had a gun to my head.

The Joey french bit got old really quickly, but by the end of the episode, I was laughing about it again.

8. MattGentry

MattGentry Second Unit

The Joey thing was lame. Started out alright, but just drug on and became very tiresome. His chugging of the milk - [​IMG]

And the Ross/Rachel thing was very well done. I am happy that Ross had the decency not to basically "have his way" with Rachel. He had the understanding that she, while actually having these feelings, only acted on them out of her feeling vunerable. A true gentleman...

The Chandler/Monica thing wasn't the greatest either. I will admit to laughing when I saw Chandler coming in with all the New York gear on, even if I'd already figured out it would happen.

All in all, a very blah episode for me. I just wasn't feeling it, although it did have it's moments, and helped to further the story along. I was hoping, however, for more, seeing as there are only a few (what, like 4?) episodes left...

9. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I thought it was a very good episode. I laughed out loud every time Joey spoke "french". [​IMG][​IMG]

I loved Chandler's lines when they were in bed after finding out their son might be fathered by a killer. [​IMG]

/Mike

10. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

For the first time in a LONG time, Ross wasn't obnoxious and I sort of liked the way he came off in the episode. The Joey stuff was filler and they should be setting up his move sooner than later, as I wouldn't want to see everything tied up in the last episode.

11. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Joey drinking the milk was very LOL funny. I thought the French bit was amusing for the first 4 times it was done, then it got a bit tiresome, but I did enjoy the "my brother is retarded, be kind to him" bit that Phoebe used on the director.

12. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

I'm not trying to be a prude and I know it was subtle, but does stuff like that belong on at 7pm at night?

13. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

It was inferred, and only a R-rated imagination would make the connection, no? [​IMG]

14. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

No kidding. Its about time too. They really had taken him to the extremes of goofiness.

Joey/French, not so good in how they did it. If he had been at least in the ballpark it would have been 5 times funnier. Phoebe's "retarded" cover was funny as was the milk.

I also agree that they might want to start hedging Joey out now rather than later. Ross/Rachel thing is being handled better than I expected, though I thought they did force the Charlie breakup, especially when you consider how perfect they made them for each other. Might have been better if they had written a better "out" for her in the first place so it would seem more natural.

Anyway, at least they did space out the time for R&R to slowly come back together.

15. Jack Fanning

Jack Fanning Second Unit

Jack Fanning

No doubt about it....they've taken him from lovably dense to a slack-jawed moron.

16. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

It would have been funny if Joey suddenly started speaking perfect French after downing all that milk.

17. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

I thought the episode was ok, or at least better than last weeks was there any explanation for why Phoebe wasn't spending anytime with her new husband after they got back from the honeymoon?

I laughed at Joey speaking french, and I enjoyed the way the Ross/Rachel stuff was done.

18. Jack Fanning

Jack Fanning Second Unit

Jack Fanning

Phoebe said something like "Mike hasn't poo'ed since we've been back" so it looks like he's all jammed up from the food [​IMG]

19. Shane D

Shane D Supporting Actor

i thought she said he never pooed while on the honeymoon, so i figured he was cleaning it all out now at home

20. Stacy Huff

Stacy Huff Second Unit

Where was the honeymoon?