What's new

Friends 10/23 (1 Viewer)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Okay, last night's Friends officially wore out it's welcome. Talk about petty! The whole 'we wanna go to Vermont' angle with Chandler and Monica seemed very mean spirited considering their supposedly best friends' child was having her first birthday! I would have told them to get the hell out and don't bother coming back, but that's me. Maybe the writers are getting as tired of the characters as I am by now!

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
The whole 'we wanna go to Vermont' angle with Chandler and Monica seemed very mean spirited considering their supposedly best friends' child was having her first birthday!
I didn't like that either. It's like they didn't even know her birthday was coming.

Otherwise, I thought the episode was pretty funny.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was ok, not the greatest of the new season. Rachel must be doing pretty well at her job to be driving a Porche.

Everyone's uneven tan keeps bothering me though. They all look like they aged 10 years in the course of one season. Maybe it's just me. :)

mark alan

Supporting Actor
She left to get the cake, got stopped for speeding. Ross took her license up to her. They drove back together. Did he hitchhike up there?

Never mind that the kid is 18 months old. I guess that is Friends time.

Don Black

Screenwriter
Jason: Rachel was borrowing Monica's car. Monica got the Porsche from her father after it was revealed that he used her high school junk to protect the Porsche from water damage (Ross' stuff was fine). This was in an earlier episode.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
The good thing is that everything is back to normal. No more Joey and Rachel and it was like it never happened. It’s kind of amazing how fast they wrapped it up. I thought it’s going to be a major lasting theme this season.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

Unfortuneately, no it isn't. Although the messy Joey/Rachel thing has had the kabosh put on it, they are still getting things wrong. Mainly the aforementioned Monica wanting to go to Vermont.

The old Monica wouldn't have missed her niece's first birthday party for anything, and would probably have nosed in on the planning and over-planned the party. There would have been three different types of cake, games and a diaper themed punch bowl.

And where were Rachel's parents? Or Ben for that matter? A first birthday is pretty momentous and I would think ALL close family would be in attendance. Especially since it's Rachel's first child. If they couldn't include her parents for contract reasons or what-not, than don't do this storyline.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Are first birthdays really that important? I haven't met or been around anyone that has had a baby and made a huge ordeal out of their first birthday. Maybe I just hang around nonsentimental people. :D

But just because of that, I didn't buy or get the urgency or importance of everyone having to stay there. They showed up, said hi and could have left in my world. It isn't like emma will know the difference, especially since everyone was putting birthday wishes on camera.

Anyway, so far there is nothing that has happened that is leading us to where the series might end. Only story line that will probably come through is Monica and Chandler adobting a kid. What other final arcs do have to look forward to? Phoebe getting married probably. Rachel and Ross actually getting together? Joey left with no one? They specifically said that they wouldn't use the finale to tie into his show, so I don't expect to see a "good bye Joey, good luck in LA" episode, of course that could change too. Any theories?

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I don't have a very close family, but first birrthdays are very important. They're not for the babies, they're for the parents. And Monica is the type of person where a first birthday would be a huge deal.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Any theories?
One thing is for sure is that they are going to finish the series nice and clean. By that I mean, everything will be resolved, everybody will be happy and there will be no surprises or OHHHss and AHHHs. I say this because the producers themselves actually talk about the finale in one of the DVD audio commentaries. For example they mention how they hated how Sienfeld ended and they don’t want to do that to the characters and the fans.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I didn't have any problem with Monica and Chandler wanting to go away for a weekend, and leaving Emma's party "early". Perhaps it comes down to expectations: Rachel didn't count on the party going on for as long as it did, due to the cake mix-up, and this put the crimp in Monica and Chandlers plans based on the previous time duration that Rachel probably alluded to in the invite.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Everyone's uneven tan keeps bothering me though. They all look like they aged 10 years in the course of one season. Maybe it's just me.
They all have aged 10 years!

Phoebe looks old, very old....well too old for that spot on TV now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks