What's new

Friday The 13th the TV series possible for 2004... (1 Viewer)

Ed Payne

Agent
Be still my beating heart... Are you kidding? Are you sure they weren't talking about the Movies Box Set? I couldn't find anything about it. I would love to post this news on my web site: Friday the 13th: The Series. As you can tell, I haven't had much news to post in a while. :frowning: Thanks.

Ed Payne

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Both...

The article talked about the reissues of the original movies, the release of the tv show series on DVD, and the possibility of a new tv show...

Ed Payne

Agent
I just found it on the web site. COOL! :D I'll add this to the news on my web site tonight. I'll ask for everyone to write Paramount (politely) to encourage them to release the series, just in case they are still waffling. Please Paramount release them in season sets... but I guess beggars can't be choosers, though. :laugh:

Ed Payne

Haden

Supporting Actor
To this day, the title of this series still baffles me. It had NOTHING to do with the films, nor anything to do with that specific date either. So what was the point in calling the tv show "Friday the 13th: The Series"?

Same goes for "Poltergeist: The Legacy". I just don't get it.

Ed Payne

Agent
The name was originally "Friday's Curse". It was changed to capitalize on the fans of the movies. The thought was that they might like what they see. I liked the distinctiveness of Friday's Curse.
Maybe some of the special features of the discs can be answers to questions like that. ;)

Ed Payne

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
The show about a curio shop that was inexplicably named after the series about a serial killer running loose at a summer camp... possibly coming to DVD?

Perhaps there is a chance we might see "My Mother the Car".

:D

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
I remember this series fondly. Both this and ST:TNG premiered the same year, 1987. In my area TNG was given a primetime slot on Wednesday by the local FOX affiliate, who didn't have programming on that day, while poor F13TH: The Series was put in a late-night Saturday slot by another station. I was only 6 at the time but I would stay up late to catch it, and would feel like death when waking up for church the next day. I would love the chance to see this on DVD.

Ed Payne

Agent
I wish they still ran episodes on SciFi. That channel makes some of the most boneheaded decisions I've ever seen: Cancelling Farscape, witholding the last 3 episodes of Roar, and of course not showing Friday the 13th: The Series anymore. I hear that there is an all horror channel in the works. F13:TS would be perfect on that channel. Regardless, it's good to see that there is enough interest to warrant DVD consideration. Later...

Ed Payne

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks