What's new

Friday The 13th...the saga for unrated versions continues (1 Viewer)

rhett

Supporting Actor
Well Star Trek can get the SE treatment the second time through, maybe there is hope for us. I have bought all the Friday DVDs, and I really like the transfers, but these are cheese horror films, and everyone knows those make the best special editions (think Killer Klowns and Evil Dead). There is obviously an interest by the creators to do work on SE's, so there is no reason for the hold up. Jason X should really increase the fan interest for Friday films, and that would be the perfect time for Paramount to strike with an SE of the first one.

As I have stated about 40 times in various threads, I would pick up any rereleases of these films in SE in a heartbeat. But it is tough to have hope after all the snubbing Paramount has given this series over the years.

C

Christina_V

Rhett you've said it!
While i just bought Part 3 on dvd,as much i wanted to wait until possible SE's......the movie looked awsome in widescreen + i have rented parts 1 & 2,yet have'nt seen the other dvds.
If the prices where lower, i would'nt mind picking a couple of my favorites up(for now).....but i'm doing my best and sticking with my gut feelings since i feel strongly about censorship & would rather own the uncut versions.
Then i would gladly purchase the entire series,including the ones i don't like as much!!
....and Paramount that would be the smartest move to make......get to work on a uncut SE of the first film for when Jason X is released! You can still release the horrible heavily censored/theatrical versions of part 7 & 8 then get to uncut versions after if thats you're plan. As long as they do get re-released in original uncut form.....thats all that matters.....but for a business move this is a great idea.
Or considering Part 7 is gaining alot of attention(+ is heaviest cut) over the past year.....a uncut version of that in time( & the director's willing to work on it!) for Jason X's release or you're standard October release for the films would be even smarter considering all the $$$ it would make....then get the rest of the series after.
Still as long as care is put into the releases,rather than rushing it through.....thats more important than cramming them out in a split second and being mediocre.
btw...i just noticed that they even tampered with the artwork slightly on the first 2 dvds.....if you look at the original poster art + VHS releases......there was more blood on the weapons,yet very little on the dvds. Not to mention the bad "new" artwork for 5 & 6 dvds. So if they could please also release the films with the original un-altered poster art. That would be great........but as long as the films are uncut, i wont' worry about it!!
So Paramount what will it be....loss of sales or more sales?

C

Christina_V

Heres an important UPDATE i found at the fridaythe13thfilms.com board.
So remember to WRITE letters & send them to the address shown...skip the Paramount address(or do both!) & JCM will show them to Paramount himself!!!
Originally posted by GET SLASHERS ON DVD UPDATE FOLKS
Over the last few days, I have been talking to Mr. Buechler via E-mail and we have an idea.
These are some of the E-mails he has sent in reply to mine. There is one I posted a few days ago, but there are some more.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
All hard copy E-mails and letters can be sent to:
MMI
12031 Vose Street
North Hollywood, CA 91605
The best,
John Buechler
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hey Ricky-
These letters will be going to more than just one executive at
Paramount. We'll do something that they can't possbly ignore!
The best,
John Buechler
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Now, you may be a little confused but don't.
This is the plan.
When Jason X is released, Mr Buechler wants to make a noise.
Well in the mean time to Jason X being released, Everyone on this board needs to come together and send letters and printed off E-mails to the following address
MMI
12031 Vose Street
We need to send lots of letters and printed off E-mails and this will all build up into sacks and sacks full hopefully.
Then when Jason X is released and Mr Buechler has alot of letters, he is going to call Paramount and arrange a meeting and take in all these letters in a big sack at once. THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO INGORE THAT !
If you consider yourself a Friday the 13th fan please, write some letters and print off E-mails and send them to
MMI
12031 Vose Street
The letters on the inside have got to be Dear Paramount. But the address on the outside has to be
MMI
12031 Vose Street
That way Mr Buechler will recieve them and take them into Paramount and that means Paramount can not lie and say they have not recieved any. I can't wait to see there reply when Buechler brings in sacks and sacks full of letters.
Do not send them to that Paramount address anymore, just send them to
MMI
12031 Vose Street
Also, say what you would like to see on the DVD, give features and pitch a concept. But make sure you ask for Part 7 to be released UNCUT and be polite.
Please send your letters and printed off E-mails and let's get Friday The 13th Part 7 and the rest of the series UNCUT on DVD.
We can do this and we will !

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Been a while since this series has been brought up and wondered if there was any information forthcoming about the last two Paramount owned titles and in what forms we can expect to see of them, along with the rest of the series.

Though I know it isn't going to happen now, nor was it really expected, it would been a great piece of cross marketing to have the 7 and 8 about the same time that the new film was coming out (now next week).

We are all waiting for the big announcement to come regarding the titles that Paramount will be releasing this fall (see the thread on quesses on Paramount's releases) and if whether or not unrated releases of ANY of the horror titles are forthcoming.

Raymond Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
The wait continues....

Chuck you continue to amaze me with your replies since that's exactly whats on my mind as well,only i've never been able to put the words as beautiful as you!

Has anyone heard from John Carl Buechler at all as well?

I wonder whats going on since theres been no update for months.

I have a few idea's of what may be in store for this fall,but they're just speculation. We may know soon enough.

It would help immensely if we'd be updated. The wait continues...& yes we're patient! We have been for to long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamywaby
Recent bookmarks