What's new

Friday The 13th SEs/Box Set Info Coming on September 19th!? (1 Viewer)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
UPDATE:
Got this off DVDTALK...

Got this off the Friday the 13th films website forum:

Thank Peter H., who attended Maniafest, for the following scoop that you are about to freak out over! This news is for die-hard Friday the 13th fans only. Inside is a projected release time for the box-set, which is official, news on a possibly Crystal Lake TV series, and confirmation on a Friday 4 uncut version! Read on for all the goodies...

Peter H. writes in, "I just got back from Maniafest in LA, where I saw a new 35mm print of Friday the 13th. It was said that there would be a special anouncement regarding the future of the franchise, and sure enough a rep from Paramount told the audience that a box-set is in the works for late next year. He was very vague about the details, but assured us that unrated versions of the eight films were a possibility. He then asked the very sparse audience if they were in possesion of any lost scenes to contact him. That should give you an idea of how far we have to go. Audio commentaries were also a possibility, depending on the availability of the talent.

Also of interest was Sean Cunningham speaking of a possible TV series revolving teens at Camp Crystal Lake. I gathered that it would be a pre-series set time frame, but he was short on details (as usual).

Later Joseph Zito took the stage and spoke about lost scenes for Friday 4. He assured us that they do exist, and it was possible to confirm a new negative.

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm, as I understand it, part 4 wasn't MPAA pruned, so if they're just reinserting the TV footage, i.e. dialogue exstensions etc, then whoopy do.
If on the other hand they are going to restore the blood bath part 7 The New Blood, Part 2 & part 5 then
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
whoopie!

People go to your lofts, search high & low, we gotta find that footage that Paramount didn't look after!
Now the agonising wait begins...

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
Chuck,
Where did you get your info regarding part four being MPAA cut?
I've followed the F13th's since part 1 & even met Joe Zito & Savini, who both told me the MPAA didn't ask for cuts.

Saying that Savini's memory is all over the place when it comes to his movie recollections.

Rgds, Simon

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
There was an interview with Zito that mentioned that gore cuts were made throughout Part 4... There are also missing scenes such as Trish mom being found dead in the bathtub, etc... I will try to find this interview for you guys, but it's fact and I have personally read it...

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Here you go guys... It's a link to that Joseph Zito interview I found...

http://www.pitofhorror.com/main/zito.html

Here is a sample from the interview on how Part 4 was cut...

WERE THERE ANY THINGS CUT FROM THE FILM THAT YOU REALLY WANTED TO HAVE BUT THE MPAA MADE YOU CUT THEM?

Well, there's MPAA cuts throughout the entire movie. I mean every single Savini effect that was filmed was negotiated with the MPAA and trimmed, and trimmed again, and then trimmed a third time. We were under very very tight pressure for the release of the movie.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Here is something else that was interesting back in 1984 when it came out...

It not only broke the Friday the 13th's records when it opened, it broke the record for every Paramount Picture, it broke a 70 year record by having the biggest non-holiday weekend in the history of the studio.

CameronS

Supporting Actor
It was no press release with hard details, but I'd say this sounds like great news. This is the first time that Paramount has actually ackowledged work on a box set and it is clear that they are working on getting the cut footage restored.

I would think they do not want to make any promises right now as these seem to be so early in production.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I agree... People are expecting full release details when we are still a year from release and they havent even started working on the set yet...

Just the fact that Paramount has even mentioned Uncut is a miracle in itself...

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
Er yes it's great albeit vague news but please don't presume Friday fans wanted a full break down of the specs, Naturally it's release is too far off for details; all I wanted is confirmation that they would restore the films, they're saying it's "a possibility" is basically them saying we don't have any respect for the films, we didn't keep the edited footage & were embarrassed by the series' success.

& let's clear one thing up could we, Paramount are indeed working right now on the set, they have already found the alternate ending to Part 3 for instance & are compiling other extras, I'd call that work in progress :)

But why the guys working on the set are telling industry friends they won't be restoring the cut footage to the films themselves due to Paramount being tight with the purse strings is baffling!

And thanks to Ryan for the Joe Zito interview link!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
While the news came straight from the horse's mouth this time, it isn't really anything different than what we already know.

He was very vague about the details, but assured us that unrated versions of the eight films were a possibility.
[sarcasm]Wow. That's some groundbreaking news, hehe.[/sarcasm]

Don't get me wrong, it's good to hear Paramount talking about the box, but I'll remain cautious until some sort of official announcement.

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
This sounds encouraging people, why all the sarcasm,negative comments? Perhaps you don't have the decency to admit that Paramount ain't that bad and are trying? Thats a lot better than some companies 'cough' Universal Studios. :D

CameronS

Supporting Actor
We were never promised any groundbreaking news in the first place. Martin Blythe just teased us a little and any hype built up afterwards was done by ourselves.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
I do know that I'm still going to have to wait a while longer, but it is very encouraging to know Paramount has officially revealed they are working on a possibly uncut set.

That's good enough for me!!!!!:emoji_thumbsup:

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
Paramount's vagueness softens the blow if no cut footage is found. It's as simple as that. What would be the point of them announcing uncut releases if they don't even know what they have? It would disappoint the fans, and make them--Paramount--look like baffoons. The news is nothing earth shattering, but it is definitely encouraging.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I agree. I suppose that Paramount, from what people say, never really treated the series with much respect. So now, they want to help out the fans and give us uncuts, but they don't have the footage! We need to help!!!!!

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I think what we're going to get is...

Part 1 - UNCUT - Extras
Part 2 - Maybe UNCUT - ???
Part 3 - Maybe UNCUT - alternate ending, ???
Part 4 - UNCUT (director says the footage has been found) - ???
Part 5 - Maybe UNCUT - ???
Part 6 - UNCUT (the director says the footage is still around somewhere) - ???
Part 7 - UNCUT (it's being shown in the UK uncut soon, so I assume the footage is findable) - ???
Part 8 - Maybe UNCUT - ???

Honestly, we should be most worried that part 2/5/8 will remain CUT.

What's with this bull of asking the fans for the footage? How would anyone of us have this footage in our possession, or know where to get it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks