Friday the 13th Parts 5 & 6 DVDs...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brad_W, Sep 26, 2001.

1. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

Is it me, or is there a lack of these new dvds in stores? When I went to Best Buy, they didn't have them. When I checked online they had them, but 5 wasn't being released and 6 is on-order. When I checked DVD planet: 5 was listed out-of-stock and 6 was in. What's the deal with this. If there are already threads about this, I apologize. Weren't these movies supposed to be released on 9-25-01?
    ------------------
    "I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
    My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html

2. Adam_H

Adam_H Auditioning

All the stores in my area have plenty. In fact I feel bad cuz I'm a die hard Jason fan and it hurts to see the store have so many still in stock, its like no ones buying them around here 'cept me.

3. Lafe F

Lafe F Second Unit

4. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

My partner and I have both noticed this as well.
    We did not preorder this time since the last several times that we have preordered from anyone, delays have occured in the shipping of the product and we didn't get them till, in one instance, almost two weeks after street date.
    So we figured, hell, we will get them in the store like everyone else.
    Best Buy....nothing. Borders...nothing. As a last result, we ended up ordering them on line. Then by a hunch, called Media Play, who said that they would not get them, then would, then not, then would...you get the point...called them and that night at 9 we picked them up at the store after cancelling our online order.
    Paramount I feel really dropped the ball on these two releases. In the latest issue of Fangoria, there are many ad's for upcoming DVD's. Not a single mention of the latest two Friday films for them, and that is the core audiance for these titles. What the hell were they thinking?
    A consumer should never have to go out of there way in finding a company's product. Now I a understand about regional productions, such as your favorite Northern soda pop that you can't find say if you move to Texas, but we are talking a widely released, world wide product.
    Maybe this is also a move to get more of us to buy online. Don't know. If that is so, then the online retailers need to get a little more on the ball with getting the product to you the DAY it streets, not days and sometimes weeks after.

5. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

This is very wishy-washy from Paramount. Maybe it's because of the WTC stuff, but I doubt it. Besides why would one part be in and the other part be out? Also, why do most stores not have them, at least in the K-Zoo area? Well, regardless, I ordered part 6 and hope something happens for part 5. Speaking of Friday the 13th:
    1. Will there be a box set eventually? Is Paramount (Lamamount?) the only studio to put out the series? That would be a determining factor for this.
    2. How many people have heard of A: the Freddy VS. Jason movie that was supposed to come out on Halloween this year and depending on which theater you went to was which ending you saw (Jason wins or Freddy wins) or B: at least a new Friday movie coming out this year period??
    ------------------

6. Drew Mertz

Drew Mertz Stunt Coordinator

Brad-
    That Jason vs Freddy movie has never gone any further than the rumor stages. I spoke to Kane(Jason)Hodder last year and asked him about it. He said a Jason and Freddy movie could still happen, but a script was nowhere in sight. There is a new Jason movie comming out, though it looks as if it has been delayed untill next year. Jason X: Jason in Space.
    -Drew

7. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

Jason in Space? I wonder if he'll meet that lil leprechaun?
    Afterwards, he could land back on Earth and check out the 'hood.
    Sometimes sequels go too far.
    ------------------

8. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

Brad....
    Check out Fridaythe13thfilms.com if you would like some info about what is and what is not going on. Very detailed site as well as a fan forum that never proves boring.
    Jason X (with that simple title) will be hopefully coming out first quarter of 2002.

9. SteveMc

SteveMc Stunt Coordinator

Man, I can't find any copies around here either! I figured i'd at least pick up one of the two, but Suncoast and Best Buy didn't have any. Makes you wonder why Paramount thinks they do well in sales...maybe cause each store only gets two copies and they get stuck in with parts 1-4 instead of by the new releases for some exposure.
    BTW, I read that the currnet release date for Jason X is March 22,2002 [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Crash
    "I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
    Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here

10. Tony Scello

Tony Scello Second Unit

If people are still looking to pick up Parts 5 & 6 at a B&M, try K-Mart. I saw some at a local K-Mart yesterday for only $17.99 each. I think this is one of the best prices you'll find anywhere. They also had some great prices on other horror titles like Goodtimes Halloween II & III for $5 each, AB's Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness for $12.99 each and the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre for $17.99.

11. Wes Ray

Wes Ray Supporting Actor

Steve,
    March 22, 2002 is one of the many rumored release dates, but it is not correct. New Line has already scheduled Blade 2 for that same weekend. I'd say we'll see Jason X in January or Feb.
    As for Part 5 and 6, the direct-to-video-ish artwork on the covers is enough to keep me away from these barebones releases, but hopefully someday Paramount will re-visit the first 6 in the series and give them the treatment they deserve (director's cuts, special features, original artwork, etc.)

12. SteveMc

Wes,
    I know we have talked on this before, and I agree that these barebones discs (with atrocious artwork) are a disappointment, but its getting to the point in the series where I wouldn't mind buying them twice. Part 6 especially. The tail end of the series is lame, but they are more fun IMO. Has anyone worked up a replacement cover for these yet? f not I may have a go at it this weekend. Probably with the original VHS art to start with just for nostalgia sake, then maybe something else.
    ------------------
    Crash
    "I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
    Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here

13. Jason_Solack

Jason_Solack Extra

I've been looking all over for these dvds, amazon, dvdplanet, bestprices - they are all out of them! Anyone know what is going on?
    Thanks
    ------------------
    Jason Solack
    My DVD Collection

14. Lafe F

Lafe F Second Unit

15. SteveMc

hmmm...i like the part V cover. I know they aren't done yet, but when I looked at it in the store I started ranting on how dumb it was to have Jason from part 5 on the back of part 6...I get a lot of "shut the hell up" looks [​IMG]