What's new

Friday the 13th parts 2 and 3 - Any Comments on the Blus? (1 Viewer)

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Paramount's Blu-rays of Friday the 13th part 2 and Friday the 13th part 3 are due out this Tuesday - and I'm chomping at the bit to get 'em.

I was just curious if any HTF members managed to get their hands on these titles early and, if so, what's the word. I've read Rhett's overall positive comments at HorrorDVDs, and Uncle Creepy's similar sentiments at Dread Central so I'm sure I'll be pleased with this next batch of slasher goodness.

Just curious to get some more perspectives.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I have reviews on my site.

Part 2 is the same transfer and extras as the remastered one from earlier this year, only now Blu-Ray quality.

Part 3 has new extras that weren't on the SD releases. The 3-D works a little better, but still has the same outline problem that plagued that release.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Laughing @ the DVDTalk review. The reviewer's indicating the film was shot in 'Scope and complaining about a soft image. Um, Hello? F13 3-D was shot in a SpaceVision variant called 3-Depix, which shot over-under 3-D on half a frame height, yielding a Techniscope style 3-D which was noted for its darkness and reduced resolution, so of course it's going to look soft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks