What's new

Friday the 13th Part VIII Cover Art (I'm Sure Die-Hard Fans Won't Be Pleased) (1 Viewer)

Matthew H

Second Unit
Holy shit!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

That Part VII cover art (hopefully not real), is, well, just not describable. What in God's name is Paramount thinking!? :thumbsdown::frowning:

CameronS

Supporting Actor
I'm pretty sure that Part 7 cover is fake.
I only wish the Silver Bullet cover was as well. :frowning:

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
:laugh: Geezzz that is awful! I don't really care though...I already downloaded and printed the custom covers from DVDCoverart. :)

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
I just don't get why people care about cover art. I mean, do you actually pull the DVD out and stare at the cover art every so often? Aren't you more concerned about the quality of the audio and video?

Geez, it just goes to show you DVDers don't have much to complain about.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
The problem is that Paramount is hoping these will sell good to see if they have a market for Special Editions.

How many random non friday the 13th fans are going to pick these covers up?

CameronS

Supporting Actor
I just don't get why people care about cover art. I mean, do you actually pull the DVD out and stare at the cover art every so often? Aren't you more concerned about the quality of the audio and video?
I'll be the first to yell about audio and especially video quality on DVD releases. Hell, I really don't care that much about extras, unless it is an all time favorite.
But yes, packaging means alot. Sure it's just the piece of paper inside a plastic sleeve to you, but to us it is a piece of art, chosen to protect the DVD of our favorite film. Most of the people here "collect" DVDs. With this in mind, packaging and artwork is a small but meaningful part of the whole DVD package.
How was that guys?
"One of us..." ;)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
My soul hurts after seeing that pic. Some people just have no respect for the classics.

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
How many random non friday the 13th fans are going to pick these covers up?
How many random non Friday fans are going to pick it up regardless of the cover? I mean, whether it's the original cover or the altered cover everybody knows it's a Jason movie. They either like Jason movies or they don't...

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
My friend came over, she hadn't seen any Friday the 13th movies at all.

When she was going through my DVD collection, she reached Friday the 13th 1-6.

She was like "I want to watch one of these"

I told her we didn't have time to watch them all, but then I started showing her ones that have the 'set up' or 'recap' of the previous movies, so that she would understand.

Believe it or not, she picked up part 4 and said "This one looks the coolest."

She's not a movie lover so I didn't really mind, but I wonder why she didn't pick up 5, or 6...

She even said a few seconds later "These two don't look the same, the words on these two are different, they look less like bubble letters, and more curvy."

I agree with her, they don't even look like they are the same movies...

Beau

Supporting Actor
My sister and her friend were going through my F13 collection and she picked up Jason Lives, and she said: "This one looks dumb." They judged one of my favs by it's fucked up cover.:angry:

Esten

Supporting Actor
Cd Universe has this cover up: Link Removed
That is much better than the two other shitty ones.Though,the original art would've been best.

Will K

Screenwriter
Okay, that is better than the atrocious versions we saw a few days ago. It's not the original art, but I can live with it. Besides, I already have a custom cover made if I choose to utilize it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks