What's new

3D Friday the 13th Part III over-under 3D 35mm print on eBay (1 Viewer)

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
35mm elements exist so there is no need for a 35mm print.

I'm told the producer does not want a 3-D Blu-ray release so that is why nothing happens. People have tried to license the film but it's not available.

:wacko:

Anyway, Thanks for the updates, Don and Bob! My hunger for more classic 3D blu rays :3dglasses: is matched only by my hunger for information. :thumbsup:

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I don't remember Super 3D in an ad for this film before.

f13.jpg

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Me either Roland. I was manager/projectionist when this movie was released and non of our ads looked like the one you've posted.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Must be the predecessor to "Super Duper Mega Massive 3D 5000 - Even 3D-ier" that came later. :P

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I remember this TV commercial that called it "Super 3D":

So is it the producers of the movie specifically who've held up a Blu-Ray release, or Paramount? This has been one of the most-wanted 3D titles, would probably even sell a few more 3D TVs if it were out.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I remember this TV commercial that called it "Super 3D":

So is it the producers of the movie specifically who've held up a Blu-Ray release, or Paramount? This has been one of the most-wanted 3D titles, would probably even sell a few more 3D TVs if it were out.

See post #40

bbddpp

Auditioning
Real Name
Brad
Don,

If I'm ever in SoCal you can bet I'll hit you up to screen that print! Friday the 13th 3 in 3D has been a personal favorite of mine as a lover of both the series and the format. I was lucky enough to see a print that was traveling about 20 years ago, but it's been that long.

That said - A new Half-SbS encode of this mysteriously showed up on line about a week ago. I've screened it using my 3D DLP proejctor at home and a lot of the effects are quite impressive. I'm not sure if this was a continuation of the effort that was being made using a BluRay for left eye and a Foreign DVD for right eye or something totally new. The prior version I had was abandoned about 2/3 in and went flat. This one definitely pops through the end including the axe handle out of Jason's noggin and some of the other big pushes though the daytime effects certainly pop better than when the darkness sets in.

The unfortunate bits where a couple of the later gags including the eyeball pop and harpoon/arrow shot that seem to ghost and never come together (though these are also just a couple of frames compared to some of the slower gags so that may just be my eyes or a limitation of home 3D). I honestly forget how good these gags looked even on the real print but seem to recall even then my eyes didn't quite adjust fast enough to appreciate the effect.

I'd be curious for any of the purists to grab this and tell me how this compares to the actual print as far as reproducing the experience at home accurately.

Will happily pay Paramount or any company who gets the means to put out a proper version of this on Blu!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Don,

If I'm ever in SoCal you can bet I'll hit you up to screen that print! Friday the 13th 3 in 3D has been a personal favorite of mine as a lover of both the series and the format. I was lucky enough to see a print that was traveling about 20 years ago, but it's been that long.

That said - A new Half-SbS encode of this mysteriously showed up on line about a week ago. I've screened it using my 3D DLP proejctor at home and a lot of the effects are quite impressive. I'm not sure if this was a continuation of the effort that was being made using a BluRay for left eye and a Foreign DVD for right eye or something totally new. The prior version I had was abandoned about 2/3 in and went flat. This one definitely pops through the end including the axe handle out of Jason's noggin and some of the other big pushes though the daytime effects certainly pop better than when the darkness sets in.

The unfortunate bits where a couple of the later gags including the eyeball pop and harpoon/arrow shot that seem to ghost and never come together (though these are also just a couple of frames compared to some of the slower gags so that may just be my eyes or a limitation of home 3D). I honestly forget how good these gags looked even on the real print but seem to recall even then my eyes didn't quite adjust fast enough to appreciate the effect.

I'd be curious for any of the purists to grab this and tell me how this compares to the actual print as far as reproducing the experience at home accurately.

Will happily pay Paramount or any company who gets the means to put out a proper version of this on Blu!

OK. Where did you get it?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
OK. Where did you get it?

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/help/terms
5. Respect for copyrights. Home Theater Forum has a strict policy of respecting the rights of copyright holders. We do not allow promotion of bootleg material or discussion on how to obtain it, and we immediately delete all links to sites that deal in bootleg material. If you have any doubt whether a source is legitimate, please check with a moderator before posting any links. We also do not allow discussion of (a) how to make unauthorized copies of video or audio materials, (b) how to defeat any form of copy protection (including, for example, how to make "personal" copies of commercially produced DVDs), and/or © how to obtain equipment that can only be used for such purposes. In one form or another, this rule goes back to the very origins of HTF. We are serious about it. Please do not try to debate copyright law with us. We're not interested in discussing what the law should be. Public discussion about copyright law is allowed as long as it doesn't violate any portion of this or any other site rule. We believe it is in the best interest of HTF to enforce this policy strictly, and members test it at their peril.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
https://www.ebay.com/itm/35mm-3-D-Feature-REVENGE-OF-THE-SHOGUN-WOMEN-3-D-Very-Rare-TERRIFIC-3-D/113623815983?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160908103841&meid=6aaabd79549b49d7a0b419bbac88ab30&pid=100227&rk=1&rkt=10&sd=113623815983&itm=113623815983&_trksid=p2054502.c100227.m3827

A print of Revenge of the Shogun Women is now on eBay if anyone’s interested. I think it’s cool when these pop up. What are the odds anyone will do a 3-D blu-ray of this feature? I’d wager they’re pretty low. If only I had the funds and the means. :D

I think you're right. Not much chance of that being released as a real 3D BD. I bet the 3D effects are really fun. The problem with this print is it's printed on Eastman film stock which has faded to red. Red 35mm is a little hard to watch although the faded colors don't affect the 3D effects. IMO this auction is over priced.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I think you're right. Not much chance of that being released as a real 3D BD. I bet the 3D effects are really fun. The problem with this print is it's printed on Eastman film stock which has faded to red. Red 35mm is a little hard to watch although the faded colors don't affect the 3D effects. IMO this auction is over priced.

I have or had (I sent my 3D DVD's to Todd J. Moore and he never returned them) a copy of this in field sequential 3D. The 3D is good but the print they used for VHD was pretty beat up and missing some frames.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm just guessing but I think Shout/Scream Factory is doing a Friday The 13th box set this fall. They've been licensing Paramount movies this year and an actor from Friday The 13th Part VI said that he & other actors recorded a new audio commentary for that movie & that it was part of a 12 movie set. If (and that is the keyword) there's a new set, I could see Part III getting a decent 3-D release as part of that set.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Yes, that is the 3D version and it's also turned purple. It's a 5 reel movie so it missing reels 4 and 5. Too bad it's incomplete but I guess it's better than nothing. The Friday the 13th 3D reels are almost impossible to find.

The last picture shows reels 4 and 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks