What's new

3D Friday the 13th Part III over-under 3D 35mm print on eBay (1 Viewer)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I agree John. I'm the collector who won the auction for that Friday Part 3 print. I've owned a print for several years but it was missing the first reel. I've taken the best reels from both prints and made a really nice composite print. I've watched this movie 3 times in the past 3 weeks. Compared to the other 1980's 3D titles I own, this is by far the best.

Do you still have your 70mm of West Side Story?

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Do you still have your 70mm of West Side Story?

No Alan I don't. That one went "vinegar". I gave up on 70mm years ago. That format took up so much storage space and those mag tracks were so subject to becoming damaged I stop rolling the dice. I have only one 35mm mag title left and since I changed over to a Kinoton projector I didn't even reinstall the mag penthouse. "Thoroughly Modern Millie" gets shown in MONO!! lol

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
I have a projector, lamphouse and platter in storage, if someone near me buys this print I'll gladly let them run it!

Jesse I've got the print down here in Riverside County. If you're ever down in LA or headed to Palm Springs just let me know and I'll give you a private screening. I'll even throw in hot popcorn. We're right off the I-215 a few miles south of March Air Force Base.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Jesse I've got the print down here in Riverside County. If you're ever down in LA or headed to Palm Springs just let me know and I'll give you a private screening. I'll even throw in hot popcorn. We're right off the I-215 a few miles south of March Air Force Base.

Maybe a day trip for us 3D nuts at the next HTF meet?

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I'd be willing to book some time of for this. Never been to California, and an over/under 35mm print is as good an excuse as any.

Now to convince the missus.......

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Roland our home theatre is always open to visitors. I just need a couple of days notice.

Hi Don,

They usually plan these HTF meets months ahead of time. The events are usually Monday to Friday. Sometimes people arrive a day early or stay an extra day. They also sometimes have a free day where you can go to Disneyland or do your own trip. I'm guessing the next meet will not be for another year or two. I think they want to do it on the next anniversary of HTF.

I haven't seen Friday the 13th part 3 in 3D since its first release (other than the bootleg field sequential DVD that came from a Japanese VHD). Not all people that attend are into 3D so hopefully there wouldn't be too many people that would like to see it.

Thanks!

Roland

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Just checked, indeed it does.

Although I think anaglyph 3D is pretty bad, there are a few scenes in the Blu Ray release that look "ok"....sorta. Bottom line, there's NO way to make anaglyph 3D look anything like polarized 3D. The process is completely different. Unless you've seen Friday Part 3 in polarized 3D, you really haven't seen the movie. I've always hoped Paramount would give us a "real" 3D release of this title but I'm convinced that's not going to happen.

pinknik

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
Although I think anaglyph 3D is pretty bad, there are a few scenes in the Blu Ray release that look "ok"....sorta. Bottom line, there's NO way to make anaglyph 3D look anything like polarized 3D. The process is completely different. Unless you've seen Friday Part 3 in polarized 3D, you really haven't seen the movie. I've always hoped Paramount would give us a "real" 3D release of this title but I'm convinced that's not going to happen.

Agreed on anaglyph and I've got my fingers crossed for a release. I'm steadily checking off field sequential DVDs that I've had for years.

Comin' at Ya! - check (though kinda futzed with)
Amityville 3-D - check
Jaws 3-D - check
Metalstorm - soon to be checked!

C'mon, Paramount!*

*with someone competent at the helm, please

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
The best 3D bits of Friday the 13th.IIID are in SBS format on YouTube. Not brilliant quality but it will save you from having to sit through this dreary movie again.

Ninjaj

Auditioning
Real Name
John
I agree John. I'm the collector who won the auction for that Friday Part 3 print. I've owned a print for several years but it was missing the first reel. I've taken the best reels from both prints and made a really nice composite print. I've watched this movie 3 times in the past 3 weeks. Compared to the other 1980's 3D titles I own, this is by far the best.

Hi you must get ask this a million times but do you have copy for sale or do you know where i can get one from as i have been trying to get a good copy for years lol

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Hi you must get ask this a million times but do you have copy for sale or do you know where i can get one from as i have been trying to get a good copy for years lol

Finding a print of Friday Part 3D is a huge task. I've got a second print missing reel #1 but I've been hanging on to it as insurance in case my other print develops problems. I might could be talked out of the four reels but it wouldn't come cheap!!

Ninjaj

Auditioning
Real Name
John
Finding a print of Friday Part 3D is a huge task. I've got a second print missing reel #1 but I've been hanging on to it as insurance in case my other print develops problems. I might could be talked out of the four reels but it wouldn't come cheap!!

It is hard to find one mate

Ok what does missing reel mean and how much we talking

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
It is hard to find one mate

Ok what does missing reel mean and how much we talking

First of all John, do you have the equipment, projector, 3D lens, silver screen, etc that's required to project 3D 35mm film?
My second print is missing reel #1 (about the first 18 minutes). Before I bought my second print I would project reel one from a Blu Ray and switch to the 35mm print at the beginning of reel #2.

If you're really, really interested in buying my second print, send me a private message and we'll talk.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Hopefully one day we will get to see a 3D Blu-Ray of this gem as its way long overdue and a pretty neglected title. I'm just glad I went back to see it a few times in all those years ago at my local Odeon.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
I'm assuming an "over-under" 3D print is a "real" 3D print and not an anaglyph print(?)

Someone sprung $2,201 on eBay for the Friday Pt 3 3D print cited (2 years ago) at the top of this thread. Whoever it was, I'd hope they would have the good sense to contact Paramount and 3D Film Archive (not necessarily in that order) about restoring it properly and monetizing it via a 3D blu ray release. Also would love to know whatever happened to that Treasure of the 4 Crowns print that was mentioned(?)

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
I'm assuming an "over-under" 3D print is a "real" 3D print and not an anaglyph print(?)

Someone sprung $2,201 on eBay for the Friday Pt 3 3D print cited (2 years ago) at the top of this thread. Whoever it was, I'd hope they would have the good sense to contact Paramount and 3D Film Archive (not necessarily in that order) about restoring it properly and monetizing it via a 3D blu ray release. Also would love to know whatever happened to that Treasure of the 4 Crowns print that was mentioned(?)

Tom I'm the owner of that Friday the 13th 3D print from a couple of years ago. Paramount already has a newer print of this title that is rented out to film festivals and special venues. I also have a print of Treasure of the 4 Crowns in "real" 3D but the chances of that one getting released on BD is far less than Friday part 3.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
35mm elements exist so there is no need for a 35mm print.

I'm told the producer does not want a 3-D Blu-ray release so that is why nothing happens. People have tried to license the film but it's not available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks