What's new

Friday the 13th, anything weird happen today? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
I got paid AND received my federal refund so today is actually working out good for me. However tonight I am changing the timiing belt and water pump on my car so things could change for the worse.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Microsoft occasionally hijacks my home page to one that offers to check for Windows updates. One popped up this morning.

As usual, I saved it for later.

But 2 hours later, I got a blue screen "An exception has occurred at --------"

EVERYTHING was frozen, right back to my restart command! I had to use the power reset button to get back.

Hope that's the worst thing that happens today :)

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Hmmmmmmmmm. I was trying to contact some people to expand the array of material I offer at my website. I wrote about my adventures on the phone at my Live Journal, but of course it turned out to be a very frustrating half hour (maybe it has something to do with Friday the 13th). So I ranted about it (and I have said more than once in the entry I'm not trying to look down on any studio or production company) with some valid comments.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/ent...dia/42987.html

So if anyone form the studios and production companies in question in the entry want to make a comment, they can always email me or PM me.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
An ex that I really really liked IM'd me out of the blue saying she was thinking about me. 13 has always been my lucky number, but I don't know if this is good or bad. :confused:

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Ordered Chinese for dinner, $10.35 before tip. I like my orders to round out to the nearest dollar, so I tipped the delivery guy $2.65, making it $13.00 total.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Haha, I did something similar today. I IMed the girl that kindly said "no" when I asked her to go to the high school prom with me, and I hadn't talked to her in more than a year or maybe even two. But, I did it more to recommend some music, not to see how she was doing.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I had calculated the catering for my wedding to be @$500. I found out in a meeting with the caterers today it is going to be a little over $1200!!!!! Yikes!

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I work at Subway and the power went out at about 5 p.m. The lights flickered three or four times and then a transformer about 100 feet up the road blew out. You could see the sparks flying everywhere and the electricity traveling up and down the wires. Consumers Energy was there in minutes as well as the cops. The cops had to direct traffic in only one of the busiest intersections in town. Of course, people immeaditely started cracking Friday the 13th jokes.

I made a joke to couple of the girls working there if they wanted to go into the office since the lights were off and there are no windows in there. :)

At least for about 40 minutes, I didn't have to listen to the mundane, pandering easy listening lite pop music that normally plays on the speakers.

We immeaditely put up a note telling people that the power was out and that we were closed. We got about 12 people come up to the door, try it and find that it was locked, and then stand there like a deer in headlights and try to figure out what was going on. Hello! McFly! Man, some people are stupid.

KyleS

Screenwriter
My wife and I closed on our new house today... Kinda freaky if you ask me but nothing bad happened today.

What am I talking about its already the 14th, I mean nothing bad happened yesterday. ;)

KyleS

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
Huge Gas Fire Dies Down In Philadelphia

Check out the sideshow.. it was pretty intense. My sister and I go to LaSalle U which is across the street from there. Luckily I commute and she came home for the holiday weekend before this happened.

It was in the middle of a pretty big intersection immediately next to a high school, down the street from a college, down the street from another high school and a special ed school, and I can't forget the row homes all around as you can see in the pics... and not one injury!! It really is amazing that no one died, let alone escaped injury. Good job to the Philly Fire Dept, and a big ol' oops to the Philly Water Dept who accidentally broke the gas line.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I got slashed up by a knife-wielding maniac. I should have known something was up when I was getting busy in a secluded area of the woods with a girl in a car and that weird music started playing.

I got better.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
You want weird? How about this! We have two delivery vans where I work and last night someone, for some reason, painted the front bumper on one of them black! Did a good job too. Removed the license plate and frame, taped around the bumper to prevent overspray on the grill and fenders and put the license plate back on. We have no idea who/why anyone would want to do this but there must be a reason. Can't wait to find out what it was! BTW, it's parked near a gas station and across the street from a fire house. No one saw or heard a thing! Gene

LewB

Screenwriter
A pretty good day, actually.
1) Payday :)
2) Workstation folks at work surprised me with a new laptop !
3) Federal Tax return deposited in my bank account
4) Had a "get to know you" meeting with my new 2nd level boss, bad day for him :D :D

Still won't make up for the fact that my mother died on a Friday the 13th (years ago) :frowning:

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Days are just what WE make them.... there are no "good" days and there are no "bad" days..... a positive outlook is all we need to make any day a pleasant one in which we simply deal with anything that comes our way.
There's a book I once read.... "you get what you say" and it pretty much sums up the facts concerning what one may feel about being lucky or unlucky. I prefer to make my own luck by making informed/logical/positive decisions about things that come my way..........

So..... Friday the 13th is just another day. Why should it be anything else?

Users who are viewing this thread