What's new

Friday Night Lights - Season 3 (NBC) - No DirecTV Spoilers! (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
My heart swelled with pride for all of our principals: Landry's support for Tyra; Tyra getting in; Riggins' "don't make me be that guy" speech; Matt fetching grandma home; and especially Billy kicking Timmy in the ass even though he'd dearly love the help at the garage.

Great episode, and it would have been a proper sendoff had it come down to that. Instead, I can't wait to see how the Dillon/E. Dillon rivalry will play out. Can Buddy go against everything he loves and switch his loyalties? I hope Dillon crashes and burns, but that's probably too easy.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it was a great episode and sets up next season to be "interesting times" for Coach Taylor. You have to wonder whether the jigsaw puzzle redistricting that was being attempted happened or not.

I wonder whether they'll go with Dillon winning against E. Dillon the first time they play and then E. Dillon winning in a playoff game. Or it could be that E. Dillon has no chance of making the playoffs but their game against Dillon is the deciding game for Dillon going to the playoffs or not.

I can't believe that Matt decided to throw away his future - but maybe he'll change his mind again. Which of the kids that we've seen is still going to be around next season? Is Julie the only one left anyway?

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

Lyla is getting a send off akin to Smash and Street's. Julie and Landry will still be around and presumably Saracen now.

I hope they don't backpedal with Riggins and Tyra just to keep them around.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
One thing I guess I missed, I thought East Dillon was to be a new (second) high school for the area. Was the school (and field) they showed at the end of the episode an old junior high or something that they are converting to a high school?

Otherwise, this was an astoundingly good episode. Although I am sad to see so many familiar faces moving on, I am pumped at the prospect of TWO MORE SEASONS of Friday Night Lights!
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member

East Dillon was a high school that had been closed and is going to be reopened. I don't think they explained why it closed. The number of students at Dillon didn't seem to be high enough that they needed 2 schools.

It will be interesting to see if the next 2 seasons will be Taylor building a new program from scratch, or if they'll find a way to get him back at Dillon (like when he quit to coach college but was back real soon). If it's the former, how much interaction will there be with the characters who are still in town?

Have to give them credit for making a season finale that would have been a satisfying series finale if not for the renewal.

If they get renewed beyond the coming 2 seasons, I hope they get the news before shooting these 2 seasons.

Is Landry just finishing his junior year? He has high grades but there was little or no mention of him deciding about college like the others.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

Yep. I think there has been a bit of retconning on various character ages since the first season (Landry's relationship with Saracen implied that they were the same grade level, he had his driver's license in the first season which would more likely make him a sophomore at the time, etc) but the producers officially said this season that he and Julie were a year behind everyone else.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
it's going to be wicked awesome (as we say around my parts). i love that very last shot of the sunset flare. very artistic for a series like this.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I thought he was a Senior as well since he has been friends with Matt, but I am not sure now. I thought this was the best season of this show and the season ending cliff-hanger was great. I am sorry I will have to wait until next January to see how this plays out. In the meantime, I will be purchasing Season 3 DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks