What's new

Friday Night Lights - Season 3 (NBC) - No DirecTV Spoilers! (1 Viewer)

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Mama Smash is a nurse. We saw her on the job in one of the earlier episodes.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Only like three episodes to go. I hope they make the deal, because it's the highpoint of my week right now. As Tyra falls for Landry, I'm falling for the cute little lesbian. Madison's pretty hot, too.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I know, I kept waiting for Landry to ask her "Are you really sure your gay?" lol.

Buddy, Buddy, Buddy, that guy is proving to be a grown up version of Charlie Brown...that dude just can't do anything right lol.

I continue to be in amazement of how this show seems to out-do itself every week while remaining so real and honest. If this show doesn't get renewed I might just start crying which i've never done over the loss of a show before.

Next weeks "very special" episode looks disturbing. :frowning:

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
This is simply the best written show on TV now, IMO. That mother/daughter exchange between Tami and Julie is one of the best I have ever seen on a TV series.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Great episodes this season. I also like the wisdom Riggins is imstilling upon young J.D.--which J.D. happily seemed to take to heart to mom's delight and dad's disgust!!!! :D

Now it seems poor Buddy is all alone with his ex-wife and younger children living in California and Lyla having walked out on him after he squandered her college money without her consent...

And if I only had a cool mom as Julie has in Tami. That was truly a beautiful, tender moment between mother and daughter which is not always featured so poignantly on television, IMHO.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Some of their fights are so real that it makes me uncomfortable to watch. And, their moments like this as well. I've said it in the past: I don't care about awards and award shows, but if they're going to have them and not give one to Connie Britton, there is no justice. Maybe she's so good that they don't even recognize it as acting.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I gave up on award shows long ago but I agree, Greg, if they're going to go through the trouble of having them then this show deserves it big time.

I'll never be able to thank you enough for turning me onto this. :emoji_thumbsup:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I want to head off some panic, since I was feeling it myself a moment ago. Minka has signed on as the lead of a new CW show called "Body Politic." But:

The Street/Smash tactic.

Edit: Added a spoiler tag. I don't know if it's necessary, but better safe than sorry.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Well, we knew that since the show will probably always center on the Dillon Panthers that one by one we'd lose the original young cast as they go off to college etc and a new team is introduced.

So that's something to consider as well.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That's what my spoiler says. I just didn't want to say it since

Buddy blew the college money and maybe it will be a question for Lyla in the next episode or two. A minor spoiler, and maybe not really one at all, but I wanted to be safe.

Mark Butler

Stunt Coordinator
Coach Taylor would NEVER use Twitter.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Sure he does.

"I wanted to smack him (Matt) with that grill scrubber. But he is helping us win games... Can't injure him til after State."

"@JulieTaylor7 Believe me, I'm trying to think about anything BUT what I saw that afternoon I came to pick you up from Matt's."
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i thought FNL would go 'stale' and lose its group when s2 began with the whole tyra+matt hiding the secret situation... but it only got better with time it's truly now one of the greatest series ever made.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Henry:
Thanks for the link. I hope that the 2 season renewal becomes a reality. That would be great news for people, like me, who have been getting depressed about networks canceling great shows.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
What an emotional rollercoaster tonight, and it was the ladies who got to me. Matt's grandma broke my heart when she was asking for her slippers. I realized how good she is, because I don't even know the actress's name. She seems so real. I was also affected by JD's mom and Matt's mom, but the scene that really had me choked up was the one between Tyra and her mom. That was exactly what Tyra has needed to hear.

I see what Patrick was saying about this being a return to season one quality (not that I had a big problem with season two). I'd go so far as to say it's better. They are really hitting all the right notes. No mistakes. This has got to be the best show in TV history.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I second your sentiments, Greg and go one further, J.D. also broke my heart. :frowning:

I felt so horrible for the poor kid, he played his ass off, the Panthers are going to state and yet all his father saw was that he didn't follow HIS gameplan.

I wanted to pummel that abusive asshole!

I also want to see Lyla forgive her dad, yes he did something monumentaly stupid but it's not worth cutting your dad out of your life over. I think that Tim scored some points with Buddy, too with his wise advice of giving Lyla some time.

Never have I watched a show that looked, sounded and felt this real, I agree, Greg that it's the best show in TV history, best one i've ever watched anyway.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, I felt bad for JD, too. He's a good kid. I think we in the audience felt threatened by him at first for Matt's sake, but it isn't his fault he's a rare talent. His dad has always and will always suck, though, and I'm just glad that his mom showed last week that she's not like him.

I'm glad you're on board for the show and still enjoying it so much. :emoji_thumbsup: And, signs point to two more years! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: I'll wait for that to be official before I breathe easier, but I'm not too worried about it now. It's hard to believe that a show that has been on the chopping block from early on in the first season is on the verge of being guaranteed a five season run at the very least.

Forgot to mention that I was also touched by Mindy's speech to Tyra. With all the emotion and touchy-feeliness I was going through, I felt my man points sliding into the red. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks