What's new

Friday Night Lights - Season 3 (NBC) - No DirecTV Spoilers! (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Having seen this season on DirecTV, all I will offer is that it's just as good as season 1 (which was better than season 2), and if you're a fan of the show, check it out on NBC on Friday nights 9 p.m. EST.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thank you for starting this thread, Patrick!

Not being a Direct TV subscriber, I avoided the other thread like the plague in order to remain spoiler-free for NBC's telecast. Can we make this the "official" NBC season 3 thread so as to not accidentally spoil any surprises as the season rolls along? That is not to say that folks who have already seen season 3 shouldn't post, but just to remember that there a ton of fans out there (like me) who don't want to know about something that happens in, say, episode 9 or 10 until it airs on NBC.

I know we're in uncharted waters here, but a separate network thread makes good sense to me and I hope you agree.

Thanks!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I was a little confused about which thread I should post in since this already aired on DirecTV, but since not everyone has DirecTV I figured here would be good since that thread is full of spoilers about future eps.

I basically just put this, one of my favorite shows, out of my mind until it came to NBC and i'm so glad it's back!

Off to a great start although i'm sad that Jason Street is gone. :frowning: He is gone, right? I was also afraid that we might lose Smash too but it seems like coach Taylor talked him into going forward.

I realize that if this show continues we're destined to lose most of the main young cast as they go off to college but i'm not ready to cut them from the roster just yet.

So, as I predicted, things didn't last between Landry and Tyra, I knew he should have stayed with the cute girl turned super fast hero on Heroes.

Good ol' Buddy is still the same single-minded guy he always was and I wouldn't have it any other way, I was sad that he didn't get his jumbotron, I swear that man was born with a football in his hand lol.

Riggins needs to dump Lyla, I wouldn't want to be with someone who was ashamed to even admit that we were dating, sure Riggins has his faults but he's a decent guy basically and Lyla is being such a bitch to him at school.

New season, new players, more gridiron drama, the best drama on television is back!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

BTW, I felt funny about acknowledging her hotness in season one because she was so young looking, but i'll say it now, Julie is getting damn hot!

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
FNL is back! This was an enjoyable episode, but I have to say, it took me a while to get back into the rhythm of the program. I too miss Jason Street, and hope he resurfaces as the season progresses. Although he and Lyla stopped being a couple long ago, his presence continued to have an impact on the possibility of any long-term romantic entanglement between Lyla and Riggins. With Street out of the picture, Riggins is more or less guilt-free to pursue Lyla, and it just feels... different. I am curious to see how this plays out. For some reason, I've always had a feeling that Tim and Tyra will wind up together again in the end (allthough older and wiser.)

In any event, I am happy the program is back and I hope that NBC airs these 13 episodes straight through without breaks.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I didn't see any recent posts here for FNL,so I thought I'd give this thread a bump. Enjoyed seeing more football scenes and Smash's storyline,thumbs up on Coach Taylor and Smash's acting!!! It wouldn't bother me a bit if the Lyla/Riggins thing just stopped,I don't see it going anywhere good and Lyla can obviously do so much better,lol. I have a feeling the money the boosters raised for the Jumbotron will end up going towards a athletic or academic scholarship fund to help the poorer students who can't afford to go to college thanks to Tammy T.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
That may be how she'll get the town to agree that Dillon needs that more than a Jumbotron.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This thread is a great idea. I didn't notice it at first because I was determined to avoid the DTV thread. I'm glad to see we can have a virgin s3 discussion.

That's said, I've got nothing to say right now. ;)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
This was another decent episode. I thought the ending was solid, but I didn't much care for Tyra's election story line. I really like her as a character, but after all she's been through, for her to do what she did just didn't ring true. From what we now know about her, the way she responded to this adversity was totally unbelievable and completely out of character IMO.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

I'm not sure I follow you. Wasn't the strength of the first season the fact that a show could be compelling and interesting while still realistic and small townish? The fact that there could be drama without injecting tornadoes and murder coverup conspiracies? Exploring overused tv drama staples like racism and steroids and putting an unconventional spin on them? At least that's what I enjoyed and I think the third season got back to that.

Tyra's actions may not be honorable, but isn't that who she is? She was a selfish, misguided party slut who overcame some adversity to become a little more respectable. Is it not realistic for a 17 year old to backslide when faced with some adversity?

And what exactly is obvious about where the copper theft plot is going? I'm cheating a bit since I saw the full season ;) but I am interested to know where you think it's going.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I also feel that this season has been very true to the spirit of the first, it's gotten back to basics nicely IMO.

Poor Landry! :frowning: I knew that they had broken it off but to have it all crash down on him like that was painful to watch because the experience felt so real. :frowning: Landry's a kind soul and doesn't deserve this at all.

Goodbye, Smash. :frowning: Hello, Street.

As much as I like Matt, if this other kid is so good I think the coach should play him which is why I was happy about his decision to play them both.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I am really enjoying this season. I'm hoping the ratings will be good enough to continue another season. I really like Tammy as the principal and her run-ins with Buddy.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I think a freshman should earns his dues as a backup QB. I also think his pushy parents should be taken down a peg.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I certainly hope I'm wrong, but I am anticipating some sort of legal problem for Riggins (as a consequence of his participation) to manifest itself right around the time the team is heading to the state championship that will prevent him from playing in the big game.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I am really enjoying this season. I hope the Directv/NBC venture was successful enough that there will be a fourth season. We have to have some quality dramas to watch instead of those crappy non-scripted programs that are glutting the networks, now.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ack! FNL ratings for last week was about 4.18 million, which placed FNL at #92 for the first week in February. The week before it did 4.03 million, and at #85.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks