What's new

Friday Night Benefit (1 Viewer)

Jim Benard

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
Tom Petty was great, I would be scared to death to facing him in battle singing 'stand my ground', it was perfect.
Kudos to Miss Carey. Concidering her breakdown it was so great to see her singing 'Hero'. I kept hoping for her to hit the high notes but she just couldn't get there. Shows she's human and I only hope the best for her. She looked fabulous.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Was Faith Hill the lady playing the piano -the loooooonnngggg grand piano on one of the songs?? I could ID alot of the singers by their voices but since I don't listen to country, I'm couldn't place her voice.
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Alicia keys (sp?) played a song on the piano early on while Sheryll Crowe played one a little later...
Faith Hill sang in front of a choir...
------------------
BLAM!
Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun.
Check out my movie mural here... http://www.geocities.com/superfacehu...ater_Page.html
[Edited last by Micheal on September 24, 2001 at 08:43 AM]

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
The show received $100 milion in donations. DVD and CD are coming by Christmas.
------------------

Derrik N

Grip
The show received $100 milion in donations. DVD and CD are coming by Christmas.
Not counting mail-in donations, of course. Hopefully that number will grow.
Is there anywhere I can find a listing of performers in the order they performed?
------------------
Derri(NO "c")k

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
TimH, Faith Hill had dark(-ish) hair and sang in front of a choir.
I thought it was a very nice event, but it could have been a little more hopeful in tone, it was a little too somber, IMO. That's a minor complaint though. My favorite performances were Tom Petty and Bruce Springsteen. The worst ones were Bon Jovi and the singers from Goo Goo Dolls and Limp Bizkit, they felt out of place.
Did anyone have trouble getting through on the donation line? I tried for 10 minutes but it was busy.
Doug Miller, I agree that the last "all-star" number felt very awkward. Most of them weren't singers, and they looked like they didn't want to be there... plus, Willie Nelson leading the choir? It was like it was taken directly from "Wag the dog"!
/Mike

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
I thought Bruce Springsteen was phenomenal.....very touching song delivered by a supremely talented professional...the guy never ceases to amaze me.
Chillbump inducing stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks