What's new

Frida in Chicago (1 Viewer)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
On the off-chance that this might be useful to even one person...

Frida, which has been playing at River East 21 since it opened, is leaving on Friday. It could move to another theater, but I wouldn't count on it. If you live in Chicago and want to see Frida in the theater (highly recommended), you'd better go tomorrow.

I thought that they'd keep it around until after the Academy Awards, but I can't complain, since they've kept it so long. It must have been doing really well (and RE21 is not in a hispanic neighborhood).

River East 21 showtimes

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
And for those of you who can't get enough of this, there is a collection of paintings by both Frida and Diego Rivera that is currently making its rounds in museums across the U.S. with special tie-ins involved with the film.

Our own museum is getting this tour in late Spring. My family will be checking this out.

~Edwin

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
For anyone who wants to see a finished work by Rivera, one of the best is in Detroit at the Art Institute. Just walk in the lobby and look up. And all around.

It is possible to spend hours doing nothing else.

And I second Vicki’s recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks