What's new

Fresh Prince, Full House, Night Court - 2/8/05 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
"Whose Line" is the Drew Carey version.

I don't think these are the syndicated versions, but I don't watch a lot of syndication reruns so I'm not the best judge without something to compare it to.

Night Court is 2 single-sided discs, and was always planned to be (only 13 eps in the sort first season). Murphy, Fresh Prince, and Full House are changed from 2-disc double-sided to 4-disc single-sided.

Warner seems to be switching away from DVD-18s, per the recent announcements of West Wing S4 and ER S3. I wonder if there's a shortage of these on the market or something, because many DVD delays recently are sets that planned to use DVD-18s. :confused:

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Even if the sticker isn't on the packaging, I think David or Gord said earlier that the bonus disc is still inside.

I'm picking up Fresh Prince hopefully tomorrow, but if I can't, Saturday. From what I've heard, I'm not too thrilled with the packaging from the sound of it, but as long as the discs are alright, I'm just glad to have the show on DVD.

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
Yea, that's what it's all about. Thanks for the correction Dave, I don't like DVD-18's at all, I think the whole Dual-Sided thing is terrible, I mean, what is going on, I stick it in a case, and both sides are liable to get damaged, there is no winning with those things...aye aye aye...I was never so happy to hear that Fresh Prince was making a switch.

I hope there is a shortage of them...like gone...

On the syndication thing, I don't think they're syndicated, considering the Fresh Prince episode aren't the syndicated versions, but I'm in the same boat as David in that I have no direct comparison.

Paul Pro

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone post a volume to volume list for the "Warner Televisions 50th anniversary celebration" bonus shows and to which sets they're attached to?

I got Night Court so I know about "Perfect Stangers" and "Who's Line.." as being part of "Volume 3" any way.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I thought someone mentioned this earlier but I can't find it. Which episode was a two-parter that's only one episode on the DVD?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The episode "Someday Your Prince Will Be In Effect" is subtitled "Parts 1 and 2" on the episode menu, but the booklet gives one airdate (10/29/90). The next episode is from exactly a week later. Was this an episode that originally aired in two parts or was it double-length?

The main reason for its extra length is clips from prior episodes, but I'm still curious.

JasonLa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason

My guess would be this was aired in a one hour time slot. Looking at the info on tvtome lists it as 2 parts (probably split for syndication) with the same air date for both.

Man I can't wait to watch night court. I think I'm going to wait until next weekend and watch it with my dad over at my parents house. We used to watch this show together every time it was on.

JasonLa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
For full house how come the unaired pilot is like almost 27 minutes but the aired episodes are almost 25 minutes long?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Don't worry--they aren't edited. Since pilots aren't usually aired on TV, they sometimes go a little longer/shorter than actual episodes.

Any news on Fresh Prince S2?

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Good to see the Fresh Prince of Bell Air get a second season release, is there any news on any of the other WB First Season Titles that were all released on the same day like Murphy Brown and Night Court?

Paul

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Fresh Prince is four discs again for season 2, right? And does anyone know if the packaging will be changed?

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Yes Fresh Prince: Season 2 will be 4 discs again! And the packiging will be the overlapping digi-pak again. I think.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I'm getting Fresh Prince S2 tomorrow...anyone who already has it, what's the packaging style?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks