What's new

Fresh Prince, Full House, Night Court - 2/8/05 (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Are you serious? Why? There is nothing about dvd cases that I hate more (not snappers, overloaded security wrapping, absolutely nothing). Ugh. :frowning:

StacyV

Second Unit

I agree, I think that's horrible packaging. And what's worse, disc 2 overlaps disc 1, at least in my set, so you have to remove a disc just to get to the starting one.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
The Circuit City near me didn't receive any copies of "Fresh Prince" (I wanted the bonus disc, otherwise, I would have picked up my copy at Best Buy or Wal-Mart instead). Did anyone have better luck than I did?

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
In my set, Disc 1 is on top of Disc 2 and Disc 3 is on top of Disc 4, as it should be. Stacy, feel free to change them. LOL!

BrandonJF

Second Unit

Isn't the bonus disc in all copies everywhere? I know CC mentioned it in their ad, but I'm guessing they were just referring to the extra disc of other tv shows.

StacyV

Second Unit

Yeah, it's not that big a deal to reverse them, I just thought it was weird as I opened it to see the first disc under the second.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Wal-Mart had the bonus disc, I think they are everywhere but limited and not advertised but it is indicated on the packaging. I got Fresh Prince and Night Court but I was most excited to see Head of the Class that came with Fresh Prince, it is the first episode on the bonus disc and great but only 22 minutes. The pick for Perfect Strangers, that comes with Night Court, was not the best episode of the series, it features a celebrity guest star in Raymond's mother on Everybody Loves Raymond, is it Doris Roberts? I love Perfect Strangers and will buy season sets of the show when they are available but of all the possible episodes they could have picked they picked my least favorite from the entire series. The episode takes place during the time Harriet Winslow was still on it. I skimmed Family Matters on Fresh Prince and it looks like the first episode,no Urkel. Why couldn't they have the first Perfect Strangers, or at least one of the better episodes, every other one? I will not be watching Whose Line.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Gord told me this about the inclusion of the bonus discs:

I called my local Costco, and they have Night Court, Murphy Brown, and Fresh Prince in stock for $19.99 each. They told me that they don't have the others, but I'm not so sure of that because he was doing a computer search and didn't check the table. Costco often lists the pallet bundles in their system, rather than individual titles in the merchandiser bundles. So I'll check on that when I swing by.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Stacy, when I bought the Ultimate Matrix Collection, every single disc was reversed, where Disc 2 was on top of Disc 1, Disc 4 was on top of Disc 3. Of course, i just changed them myself, but I did think, "Who's the idiot who put these together?"

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

Not quite, at least in my neck of the woods. Wal-Mart had copies with the bonus disc included, but none at Target were advertised as having such (via a sticker on the shrinkwrap or otherwise).

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Ken, advertised or not, the bonus disc is inside the case or box (as I said above). If you don't have a bonus disc, it's a defect.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
David:

Got the bonus disc, but nothing I couldn't live without (the "Head Of The Class" episode was enjoyable, but not enough to warrant a future purchase).

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
Yep, Head Of The Class and Family Matters, meh, I'm still wanting my Martin, and Warner has the rights to that too, so hopefully soon we will see that getting a release (even a bonus disc would be nice, hey it tells me something).

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed "Head" more than you did, apparently!

But it was "Whose Line..." on another bonus disc that had me and the missus rolling on the floor! We were laughing so hard we feared we would wake up our sleeping son! :D

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
LOL, that's what it's all about, now is this the british one or the Drew Carey one. Not that I have a preference as they are both quite funny, just wondering. BTW, was this in the Night Court disc, I only have Fresh Prince so far but will prolly pick up Night Court soon.

BTW, I have a non-sexual crush on you for that Clarissa announcement...:)

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
Warner left references to the sets' previous existance via double-sided discs intact in a few places. On Fresh Prince its on the back. The "2-disc set" line was left alone. On the Full House set, the pamphlet inside that lists the episodes still refers to Disc 1 side A&B and Disc 2 side A&B. I guess it would have pushed back the release date to fix those.

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
Not all of them, correct me if I'm wrong guys, Fresh Prince is 4-disc and Full house is, I know Jamie Foxx is not, I don't think Wayans is, and I think Murphy Brown and Night court ARE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks