Fresh Prince, Full House, Night Court - 2/8/05

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Patrick Mirza, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

Just announced from Warner Home Video are a number of new TV shows.

Due on February 8th 2005 are The Fresh Prince of Bel Air: The Complete First Season, Full House: The Complete First Season, The Jamie Foxx Show: The Complete First Season, Murphy Brown: The Complete First Season, Night Court: The Complete First Season and The Wayans Brothers: The Complete First Season.

Each two-disc set arrives with fullscreen transfer and Dolby Digital Stereo tracks (1.0 mono for Full House and Night Court). Extras, if any, haven't been revealed. Retail is $29.98 each.

Cover Art here

2. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    NIGHT COURT

Finally! Season 1 was a short one and Mac, Christine, and Roz weren't there yet but it's a great start! Support each release so the nine complete seasons come out. The price is right, too.

THANK YOU, WARNER!

3. Mark To

Mark To Supporting Actor

Hmmmm, all COLOR shows. I'm seeing a pattern here!

4. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

FINALLY!! NIGHT COURT! I'm all over these. I hope they release the following seasons pretty quickly.

5. Paul Miller

Paul Miller Supporting Actor

Good to see Night Court and Murphy Brown finally being released.

Paul

6. Jaime_Weinman

Jaime_Weinman Supporting Actor

I'm very happy to hear about Night Court, though I still think it would have been better to release the first two seasons together -- there were so many cast changes after the first season (and even during, because Karen Austin left the show in the middle of the season) that people may barely recognize the show. Still, there's Harry, Dan and Bull and Selma, and guest stars like Michael J. Fox, so hopefully that'll keep people happy enough to buy it and bring on season 2...

7. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve

In addition to the titles mentioned above, Warners has released Gilligan's Island and is said to be restoring "The Adventures of Superman" for release.

The shows mentioned in Patrick's initial post are all popular in their own right and deserve to be released. I used to watch a couple of them myself. Knowing the great job that Warners does with their sets, fans of these shows will not be disappointed on February 8th!

Steve

8. Michael_CPC

Michael_CPC Agent

I'm so happy about the Fresh Prince announcement... what an amazing show. Also one of the few shows with a first season up to par with all the rest.

Full House also brings back memories.

9. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

Wow, so many of these I would buy.

Tops though is Night Court.

10. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

The Wayans Brothers!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!

11. Sean.S

Sean.S Stunt Coordinator

Fresh Prince and Full House I might buy, especially at those prices...but F-Troop, you say!!! Awesome! [​IMG]

12. Dave Farley

Dave Farley Second Unit

I'm definitely buying Night Court.

13. Andreas_K

Andreas_K Stunt Coordinator

I don't like that all these shows seem to be packaged into standard Amaray cases. I prefer shows to be at least 4 disc sets with some nice slip-box to put a digipack or slim cases into.
    A better packaging makes them much more fun to store and display on your shelf. This way TVDVD loses something that made/makes it special - at least for me.

Of course I see why a studio prefers the most simple packaging possible - but for me it's a deciding factor not to buy these shows with all the other choices that are out there.

14. Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck Screenwriter

Bryan Tuck
    Definitely going for Night Court; one of my favorite comedies of all time. [​IMG] Thank you, Warner!

15. Rhoq

Rhoq Supporting Actor

I've been waiting for Night Court and Murphy Brown, I'm glad to know that I'll have season 1 for both shows very soon. [​IMG]

16. Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl Screenwriter

Christian Preischl
    I'm sure if they released these on 4 discs in a Digipak, the price would be at least $10 higher. So if 2 discs/Amaray means that we get a whole season for a measly $30 (before discount), I say bring it on!

Chris

17. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Andreas: I tend to prefer "standard" DVD cases because they can be replaced if the case breaks. In the past few weeks I've received 2 DVD sets with broken hubs. I sat there with Crazy Glue trying to fix it, but it doesn't work. I can't go out and purchase a replacement case for Friends Season 8, so I'm stuck with the disc taped into the case (not very elegant, but it works). If they had put Friends in a standard case I could have replaced the broken hub.

Oh, we updated our coverage of the Warner 6 with the special features last night. I haven't seen those mentioned anywhere else, and I ust posted news about an exciting promotion Warner Bros is running next year. It's REALLY cool!

Gord

18. LorenzoL

LorenzoL Second Unit

Bring on Murphy Brown S1 and especially with those affordable prices.

19. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

I hope the Fresh Prince cover art gets revised... they could've done much better with the opening of Will on his throne with the graff letters or a still of him holding his nose as he gets out of the cab in Bel Air. Full House looks kinda like a cheesy Brady Binch rip-off also. It's so great that these are all finally coming though.

I forget if I ever liked Murphy Brown enough to buy the DVD?

20. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    I can't wait for these! It's been years since I'd last seen "Night Court". Mind you, I don't recall being too fond of the first season. However, I'll show my support for the show and purchase it with the hopes that future seasons will follow.

"Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" is another must-buy for me. I've always loved it, from the first episode to the last. Mind you in the last couple of seasons, the show sort of lost its edge.

I'd have to think long and hard about whether I'd get "Full House" or not. I remember loving it during my pre-teen / early teen years when it aired as part of ABC's "TGIF" lineup. But watching re-runs today, it doesn't seem to hold the same kind of interest for me. However, the price is right and I am a nostalgic, so we'll see. lol