Frequency2 on the way...what music would you like to see in it?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by paul h, May 24, 2002.

1. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

Loved the 1st frequency and thought it contained a pretty varied and cool selection of tracks though personally for the 2nd game i'd like to see artists like:

Nine Inch Nails, Leftfield, DJShadow, Slam, Hybrid, Professional Murder Music, Hednoize, FrontLineAssembly, Death In Vegas, Timo Maas, Radiohead, Orgy, New Order, Moby, Delerium, Prodigy.

Any other suggestions?

2. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

Paul h,
    Great thread topic. [​IMG] I absolutely love the first frequency.
    I'd personally like Frequency 2 to stray entirely away from Nu Metal and head more into trancey/electronic and darkwave music.
    Delirium: Any remix off Karma would be great, like Firefly, or Silence, or Heaven's Earth (Matt Darey)
    The Creatures
    Future Sound of London
    Faithless
    ...or other such music in the genre
    I'm sure the sequel will offer up a whole new slew of power ups and items. I just hope that they don't go overboard with the new features and overwhelm the beautiful simplicity of the game. Or, if they do go overboard, at least give the gamer a choice of 'original mode' or 'new mode' wherein there are more powerups and more rules, etc.
    Joseph

3. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

VNV Nation, Icon of Coil, Apoptygma Beserk, wumpscut, gary numan, more Curve, Orbital, Aphex Twin, Chemical Bros., Future Sound of London, Fluke, etc...

I agree completely that this game needs to back off of the nu metal and pop music.

4. James_A

James_A Stunt Coordinator

and of course.... Enya....[​IMG]

5. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

What I REALLY want to see is a mode where you can import your own music (as much as I know that won't happen).

But I would like to see some Prodigy songs. They're music is made to be used in a Frequency game.

6. Steve Y

Steve Y Supporting Actor

I'd love to see the next frequency include an option for add-on discs. There weren't nearly enough musical choices on the first game. For those of us that like rhythm games (and there are many who find them pointless), Frequency seemed to get it more "right" than any of the others.
    "Samba de Amigo" with maracas is pretty fun, though. [​IMG]
    That said, I must put in a vote for pop music - good pop music I mean, electronic remixes of britpop, etc. Catchy melodic stuff, not just endless "mmph mmph mmph mmph" ... (generic house remixes of remixes of remixes).
    Steve

7. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

Hehe, I was waiting for your post, Morgan. [​IMG] What took ya so long? [​IMG]
    Kelley_B, sweet list of music. Great sugestions. [​IMG]
    Here's an idea.Frequency: Darkwave Edition for some of us and Frequency: Nu Metal Xtreme for the rest of 'em.
    I wonder if the developers are considering customizing the tubes as well as the backgrounds.. perhaps metal rails for some songs and spider-webs for others... maybe even shiny plastic rails.
    Joseph

8. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

They should make a base $50 disc that includes online play and 5 songs from 5 different styles (like Nu Metal, etc.). Then, for like $10, you can buy discs with like 10 more songs in one specific style. Would this, or would this not, be a good idea?

9. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Morgan, that's what Steve Y suggested. It's the model Konami took with DDR, Pop'n'music & Beatmania in Japan.