What's new

Frequency Range 40Hz-20kHz on Panasonic - a problem? (1 Viewer)

JohnSer

Stunt Coordinator
Panasonic is one of the names I always look for when shopping for lower end consumer electronics. I have had many pieces over the years, and they seem to outlast other brands of similar price. My daughter uses my old 70's Technics receiver in her bedroom. It was the lowest receiver in the line, at that time. It has a whopping 25watts per channel.

As far as amplifier specs, those type of numbers ussually indicate a weaker amp. If music is a high priority, would look to another receiver (HK, Onkyo, Dennon). For HT, using small efficient speakers (8ohm), w/powered sub, in a medium to small room, it should do alright.

PS: "small efficient speakers", small is meant to reflect speakers that match the "small" crossover setting of the receiver and not physical size.

JohnS

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
In the budget line of receivers the Pannys definitly offer close to the most bang for the buck if not the most. The 100 and 200 offer all current formates and their Amp sections are stronger than many other brands in the same price point.

Want to argue that point speak with S&V about their SAHE-100 power tests. Yes they do rate 20-20 into 8-ohms.

Yes, some corners definitly have been cut, spring clips, poor remote, and lack of pre-outs to name a few on the 100, but some preouts are avaiable on the 200 ad a very strong amp section.
(Preouts, I can't remember which channels though, think it's the rears, this beside the sub preout obviously)

Go listen to the Panny receiver and compare it directly with receivers of other brands in it's price point. Make sure to demo them using the same speakers and with material your very familar with. The Panny receivers shocked me when I went and listened to them both. The 100 and 200. Short of driving the most difficult loads, 4-ohm 89db or less sensitivity the 100 provide ample power to drive most speaks. The 200's ap section will drive just about anything.
Both receivers are sightly to the bright side, the 200 less so, not harsh by any means!

Another thing worth noteing, is the depth of the receiver. Many receivers are quite deep and people wanting to place them in a closed rack or on a shelf find this can be a no go. The Pannys are shorter in depth compared to many brands entry level receivers and allow for more placment options.

I certainly am not saying the Pannys RULE by any means, but seems many look to find anything to stear one away from them. Are they justified in their reasons for that, maybe so. If S&V finds threw their testing it's a decent rig with impressive features & amp spec's at it's price, it's good enough for me.
I would like to add, I do not own a single piece of Panasonic electronic equipment.

I say go listen and you be the judge and jury of all the receivers your looking into.

Another thing of note, is that the latest offering of receivers 70, 100, 200 from Panny do not seem to be finding their way into repair shops nearly as often as some other very well known brands have.

Regards
Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread