What's new

French Connection 5-Star vs. Collectors Box (1 Viewer)

Jeff R.

Stunt Coordinator
I just noticed there is a collectors box set with both French Connection I and II in it. Is ther a difference between the stand alone 5-star French Connection I and the version in the collectors box?

Chris M

Second Unit
Well, you can ONLY get the 2nd movie if you buy the box set. It won't be available seperately.
THAT's IT! :)
Chris.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter

david cro

Agent
The Region 1 'French Connection 5-Star' would cost me £15.99 GBP (Inc. shipping) and the 'Collectors Box' £17.99 so I guess the 'DIFFERENCE' is £2 (That's less than $3 US).

david cro

Agent
The Region 1 'French Connection 5-Star' would cost me £15.99 GBP (Inc. shipping) and the 'Collectors Box' £17.99 so I guess the 'DIFFERENCE' is £2 (That's less than $3 US), it's a no brainer really.

Tony Scello

Second Unit
I picked up the box set over the weekend. I wasn't planning on buying the box set including FC II but the difference in cost where I bought it was minimal. The box set includes the Five Star Collection version of FC and I don't believe there is any difference in the stand alone version. By the way, Fox has put together another fantastic set. The movie looks, for the most part, very good. I enjoyed the director's commentary, although it sometimes lapses into a rehash of the plot and it was great to hear from Gene Hackman and Roy Schieder on seperate commentary tracks. The documentaries are very good and the deleted scenes are interesting to see. I haven't finished with all the goodies but any fan of this film will be happy. I've never seen FC II but it also has some nice features including two commentaries.

Kenneth English

Second Unit
The only difference is that the box includes FRENCH CONNECTION II (which isn't available alone). That's it.
However, if you're interested at all in getting the first one I'd go for the box. FCII is one of the great little-seen films of the 70s and one of the best sequels ever made (in a lot of ways I prefer it to the first one!). John Frankenheimer directed this one right before BLACK SUNDAY, which was his last good film until RONIN in 1998. Give it a chance! :)

Jeff R.

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the replies. I knew the box set had both movies but I just wasn't sure if the features with the first one were different between the stand-alone and the boxed version. It looks like I am going to get the boxed set then.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
While I'll be the first to admit that Prophecy and Dr. Moreau are dogs (the latter one not really his fault), 52 Pick-Up is as underrated as FC2. When the hell's that going to be on DVD?

Matthew Kiernan

Stunt Coordinator
I'm buying the box so I can get FRECH CONNECTION 2 ONLY. FRENCH CONNECTION is a great movie, but FRENCH CONNECTION 2 is an immensly powerful piece of work.
------------------
Matthew Kiernan

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks