What's new

Freight cost to ship 65" CRT RPTV?? (1 Viewer)

Kevin_Breeze

Second Unit
Considering the purchase of a 65" Mitsu from a member here and trying to get an idea of the freight cost. Would be from Utah to NY. Also, would it be safe to use UPS? or would they likely damage it?

I was figuring arounf $300??

John S

Senior HTF Member
It will need to be done truck frieght. Know anybody in the sending are that uses a lot of truck frieght???

Soliciting their help would be the ideal way to go with it.

$300 seems close....

Kevin_Breeze

Second Unit
Thanks for the reply but you lost me when you said this:

"Know anybody in the sending are that uses a lot of truck frieght??? Soliciting their help would be the ideal way to go with it."

Not sure exactly what you mean. Are you just asking if I know anyone in the freight business??

:frowning:

John S

Senior HTF Member
Yes.. should have read..

Know anybody in the sending area that uses a lot of truck frieght to send stuff?"

Sorry about that. I just find, places that use truck frieght get way way better quotes than the average joe person that calls them for a shipping quote is all.

Kevin_Breeze

Second Unit
unforunately i don't know anyone no...but thanks for the suggestion.

Maybe someone out there can throw me a bone?? :D

John S

Senior HTF Member
That is my point. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody that used them a lot from the area where it is comming from gets a $200 quote on it.

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
Is that a terminal to terminal? Or to a residential curb? Are they packing it? Are they picking it up? Liftgate options? I've never shipped to UTAH before. Most of my terminal shipments in the US and Canada(The reciever has to pick it up)are under $400. I dont ship freight all too much, maybe 2 times max a year. I shipped a 400LB(crated) 70mm film projector/parts to myself for $300. I shipped with North American Van Lines some pinball machines about 600lb for $250 from NH to CA.

Kevin_Breeze

Second Unit
Tony, that was door to door, actually the new set I am buying is coming from Ashburn VA which is about 5 hours from me. I think my best bet will be to rent a cargo van which is $170 for 2 days and just make a road trip on a Saturday to pick it up....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks