What's new

Freeway (1996) (1 Viewer)

I saw this movie just got released on DVD Monday. In case some people missed it, it's a very entertaining and very disturbing film with a "little red riding hood" type theme. It stars Reese Witherspoon and Keifer Sutherland. Fun for the whole family, and the best part is DDD has it for $6.60. I'm not sure of the quality since I ordered it and haven't received it yet, but for that price it's well worth checking out.
Edit: you can read Ebert's review here

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
Wallace,
This DVD came out in 1997. I have had it since then. The DVD quality is pretty decent (non-anamorphic). Fans of Reese Witherspoon who have only seen her in comedies like Legally Blonde are in for a shock when they see this movie. I certainly don't remember it being a "fun for the whole family" kinda movie ...

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Actually, this movie has been on DVD since about 1997-1998. It was released by Artisan when they got the rights to alot of the old Republic Pictures movies. I think the date you saw was a reprice or something.

The disc is not anamorphic but has a commentary on it, and the quality is just so-so. Nothing to really complain about, but yes, this is a very good movie.

Reese Witherspoon was an unknown when this movie came out, but when I first saw it, I was blown away.

Another interested fact that not many people know is that Oliver Stone produced this movie.

Highly recommended, especially at $6!!!

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
I don't believe any of the early Republic pictures releases (most notably Freeway and Bound) are anamorphic, but I would still recommend Freeway because of the bargain price.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Unfortunately, it's not anamorphic. However there is a DD5.1 track which isn't indicated on the packaging!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks