What's new

Freeware Slideshow App? (1 Viewer)

Andy Hardin

Stunt Coordinator
Before I go on a wild goose chase on the web looking for an application, I wanted to see if anyone here has experience with one and can point me in the right direction.

I have volunteered to help a local non-profit with their annual volunteer recognition and celebration dinner. They have taken snapshots of their projects throughout the year and given them to me to scan and create a slideshow. I'll be donating my time and equipment to run a constant slideshow of these pictures through an LCD prjector hooked up to a laptop that people can view throught the dinner.

What I am looking for is an application that will cycle the pictures full screen with a new pic every 10 to 15 seconds, and then restart at the beginnionly ng (So I can set it and forget it!). It should display the picture in full screen (tailoring the picture to optimize the size would be great as well, as some pictures may be a different size).

Any ideas? I appreciate any feedback anyone may have.

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
what I used to do before powerpoint was to use internet explorer. by hitting f11 (i think) you can make it full screen with only a small bar on top then using a little html coding made the first page go to the second page after a set time and so on down the line. For your setup you can make the last page load up the first for the loop. you can also easily force pictures size with that method by say

'img src="mypic" width=100%'

that will make the picture scale to the full width of the screen, instead of percentages you can also force a set pixel length. i don't remember the command to force load a second page but it's a popular thing to do nowadays so I'm sure you could find the coding for.

I know this may be a bit more work than you want, but it is an idea.

Andy Hardin

Stunt Coordinator
Irfanview, which I have been using for two years, does this. All features I need; auto resize, chose your pause between changes, and restart when finished. Can even do random, alpha order, or user defined order.

Guess I should RTFM before I go asking questions.

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
pft, we are all technology users here. Few of us ever read the "free" manual before taking a whack at getting it to work :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks