What's new

Free X10 stuff (1 Viewer)

You do have to pay 5.90 for shipping....but other than that its free. I ordered mine yesterday.

FYI....they also have the same deal with their LOLA software for music

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I received mine today ($10 shipping for Canada). Certainly seems a good deal. I have lots of other X-10 stuff and haven't tried the new kit pieces yet, but looks pretty useful, should easily integrate with my other X-10 gear.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Bill: The IR543 is also available with different model numbers from different manufacturers, but a "real" IR543 is typically less than $25. You must have a remote (or learn from one) that puts out X-10 codes (I use One For All and Home Theater Master).

A "real" IR543 only allows you to control X-10 devices on *one* selected house code, so sometimes you may need more than one IR543 depending on your setup.

Augustine Tower

Auditioning
Hi, I ordered a kit last Friday and recived yesterday. This is my first X10 product. These things are awesome and the flexibility they have to automate your home are endless. For sure I will be buying more additional modules to expand in my home. Thanks for this great post.

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
Chris,

Thanks for the heads up on this one. I ordered over the weekend, & received my order today. I have been using X-10 with a Pronto remote for some time. Great deal on this package! Integrating X-10 with my PC is an intriguing thought.

Todd

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
The X-10 home automation computer software is very basic, but if you really want to integrate X-10 with your PC, check out Homeseer home automation software. It's highly customizable with a huge user community and message board that develops scripts and extended plugins for use with it. The software also supports more than X-10, has a web-based interface for remote web access to the automation software and a separate Homeseer Phone product that allows you to control devices over the phone.

http://www.homeseer.com

sorry for the late reply justin.

it looks like they are only offering the firecracker for free still.

when i ordered, there was a link at the bottom of the firecracker page that said something to the effect of "or you can get the LOLA software for shipping only"

it wasn't the wireless LOLA (the good one), but it was still shipping only!!

the fatwallet forum where i got the link (which I can't post due to posting min.) said that x10 does this from time to time.

we just have to catch it again the next time they do it.

i'll probably get another firecracker set, so I can control my bass shakers

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Homeseer is $150 now? It was only $80 when I bought it. But it's worth the price.

HS isn't open source, but with it's community, support and extensions (many of which ARE open source), it's still the best HA software available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.