What's new

FREE THX & Faroudja test DVD plus more (2 Viewers)

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Received mine on Weds - Oct. 17. Still unopened because of my latest DVD, "Star Wars - The Phantom Menace".
Watching "The Phantom Menace", . . . if you liked the movie, that is, . . . is why we buy HT Systems capable of Theater SPL's and a Big Screen TV!!!
wink.gif
I scheduled two viewing sessions, one tonight (Friday) and then Saturday evening with my family and friends (trying to keep it to about around a dozen @ a time) who love this "Star Wars" movie.
Phil
------------------
http://www.geocities.com/p_iturra

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
just got mine a couple of days ago. i haven't checked it out yet...
------------------
"The ship of death has a new captain." - nosferatu (1922)

ArnaudP

Stunt Coordinator
I got mine yesterday and watched it today. Very disapointing. THX II is found on Toy Story and the THX Jungle is nice but not a big deal. As for the multi channel music, it is OK. I could care less about the Kenwood gear.
I was expecting a lot more but it was free!!

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Waiting patiently...
------------------
Star Wars: http://www.ig88-.net
patriot.gif

Matt Heebner

Stunt Coordinator
Disappointing??? I thought it was pretty cool for FREE! I was checking out the muti-channel music, and my wifes a Peter Frampton fan, so both of us liked it!
Matt
------------------
NO OAR...NO SALE/NO RENTAL!

Randall Z

Stunt Coordinator
Got mine on friday, pretty cool. I was just disappointed that the DTS demo was in Pro Logic. What's that all about?

Matt Taylor

Stunt Coordinator
I received mine today, love the THX stuff, the other stuff is 100% advertisment.
Can't believe I used my 200th post for this!
MT

Victor R

Agent
I agree that the THX and video demonstration/signals were pretty weak; the audio was OK - if you like the artists. I was dissapointed by the demos, though they did serve to validate my system. :) There are better sound effects on any number of DVD's.
To me, the most interesting part of the disc was the Kenwood advertisement; I had not heard of the Entre' before. It looks intriguing. Anyone here have any thoughts or experience with this?
Victor
------------------

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
THX II is found on Toy Story
Wrongo, The regular THX intro is on Toy Story II (Moo Can on The Ultimate Toy box). Unless Tex II is hidden somewhere on the disc I do not know about. The 5.1 Tex can be found on Toy Story!
I think any free disc is great! I had been wanting Tex II now that my EX system is all up and running. I do not agree with the mixing on the THX Jungle Sounds. First off they should have named it "Sounds of Death". Would not mixing a real jungle with all the natural sounds have been more relaxing and enjoyable? Not too mention several things where out of place sound wise or not mixed correctly. Just mark another one up to good old THX.
Like I said before I love the fact Kenwood gave us these free discs, I wish Denon would have been a little more generous with their THX disc.
Wes

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
The THX trailer is different from the Toy Story trailer. The Jungle Sounds was good. Unfortunately the DTS promo is in dolby pro-logic.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i did the scene where the american flag was waving in the air.
oh boy. lots of jaggedy edges. me not happy. me need progressive and hd now.
furious.gif

------------------
"The ship of death has a new captain." - nosferatu (1922)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks