What's new

FREE THX & Faroudja test DVD plus more (1 Viewer)

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i ordered one almost a month ago and have yet to receive anything. if anyone gets one, please let me know otherwise i think kenwood is just dicking us around in order to get our mailing info. bastards!!!
kevin t

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I ordered mine the same day that Carol posted the information and have received jack squat! I gave 'em a fake e-mail address anyway, so no junk e-mail worries on this end!
Ron

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
I think they'll eventually send them out. Kenwood is just famous for never meeting their deadlines.
It always seems like their products release late, the deadlines they show on their website rarely ever are close.
I registered for something on their website awhile back to get a free CD, and it did come, it just took quite a while longer than they said it would.
I wouldn't worry about junk mail either.....they've had my address (physical and email) for years and I've never gotten a piece of mail that I didn't request.

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Woo Hoo!!!! :)
My Demo disc came in the mail today. I just popped it in and so far the Jungle THX trailer is pretty cool. Can't wait to check out the rest of the disc.
I just wanted to let everyone know that the disc's are coming!
------------------
Haynes HomeTheater

James D S

Screenwriter
Could I possibly convince someone to do a cover for the disc? It comes in a cardboard sleeve, but it deserves an amaray.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who would appreciate something like that.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Just got mine today also! :)
The THX Jungle Trailer is awesome. I couldn't believe the sound I was getting from my cheap, but good, Technics speakers. Woo-Hoo!
------------------
God bless!
jeffrey noel
My DVD Collection

NathanP

Supporting Actor
ME too!!!
biggrin.gif

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Cool, finally the DD-EX demo "jungle sounds"!
For those of you who didn't take part when HTF member Anson arranged a tour of Dolby, they played this clip for us. I believe it was created by someone at LucasFilms.
I'm also glad I saw the Faroudja test images. My RP56 has stuff moving all over the screen.
And I discovered that my tv has a problem. The clip with 4 horizontal and vertical lines cause rainbowing on the horizontal lines at the top and bottom of the screen. NOT GOOD! I'm off to call toshiba!

Sam S

Auditioning
Can anyone tell me exactly what the test patterns on this disc are testing? My iScan Pro seems to do OK on all of them except the last one, the one after the America flag. The iScan locks into film mode but the moving horizontal lines flicker and I know they shouldn't.
Sam

RyanDinan

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm....Still waiting for mine...
How many people are still waiting?
I just want to make sure that they didn't lose my order...and I did go back and re-order.
-Ryan

Loring

Stunt Coordinator
Well got my Free DVD Kenwood disc yesterday in the mail.
It is pretty cool. I love the THX stuff on the disk. Since I dont have any multichannel audio discs yet this was way cool to hear songs I know being played around me instead of just at me. I will probably get more multichannel audio discs soon thanks to this. The screen test image was neat but I already had Avia that I got for cheap thanks to this forum.
Btw, I am in southern california and I ordered the disks towards the deadline to get one so Kenwood kept their part of the deal.
Happy Viewing and Listening,
------------------
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
~Loring
quote:Ye do not meddle in thee affairs of thy dragon, for thou art crunchy and taste good with thy katchup...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks