What's new

Free Silica? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Thompson

Stunt Coordinator
Yes siree, you're reading a post from the luckiest guy on the face of the planet. I've found something even better than sliced bread: Free Silica!

My daughter and I went to the local commissary (grocery store, for those militarily challenged) to pick up a few snacks. Inside we found a "case lot" sale. Many items were marked down quite a lot. Also at the case lot sale, although technically not being sold by the case, were three huge shopping carts full of Lowrey's Steak Bites beef jerky. The price was $.79, for four 1-oz. foil packs of jerky. I bought a four-pack to try it out, since I'd never tasted this product before.

Back at the car, I popped open the outer bag and tore open one of the foil pouches inside. The jerky's not bad, if you like that sort of thing. It's very salty, but low fat/low carb.

Absent-mindedly I noticed a silica packet inside the foil pouch, keeping the Jerky fresh. Then I noticed a $1.00 off coupon among the other three foil pouches. I immediately shifted to "bargain hunt mode". $.79 cents per bag, with a one dollar off coupon inside--and the jerky is fairly tasty. Hey!

So we went back inside the store--luckily, there was no line at the registers--and bought fifteen dollars worth of the stuff. Back at the car, we opened all of the outer bags and retrieved the $1 off coupons, and headed back into the store for another hand basket full of jerky. Then back to the car, dig out all the coupons, and back through the checkout one more time with another big batch.

Eventually, we had to move on. The trunk of my car was getting full. (It's a small car)

The second best part of all this is that Lowrey's will donate $1 to the Make A Wish foundation for each coupon redeemed.

The best part is that I now have a lifetime supply of silica packets--for free! Life is good.

But I wonder if I may have been duped. Is this stuff real silica, or some cheap substitute? Looking closely at the tiny packets, I see that they're marked "DO NOT EAT--AGELESS OXYGEN ABSORBER"

I sit here surrounded by all these packets and know that I'm the luckiest guy on earth. One thing, though...it's getting hard to breathe, like there's not enough air in the room. I'm starting to feel light headed...gasp...

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"I'm starting to feel light headed...gasp" Was that before or after the big purchase??

B

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
One thing i can say... that jerky was still beef when it first got packaged...

Screw you Ron Popeil, and your Food Dehydrater... what a rip...

Kevin Thompson

Stunt Coordinator
"Did you get any salsa along with it?"

No, but I should have. Damn stuff soaked up all the salsa in the house.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Heh... I buy beef jerky at Costco and it comes with little silica packets inside every little bag. I must have 30 around my room ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks