Free shipping back at Circuit City....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Justin Lane, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

Time to pick up those SACD and DVD-A you have been putting off buying. Universal SACD are 12.99-13.99 and Warner DVD-A can be had for 13.99.

J

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Justin, I saw that the other day. I might have to buy a couple of things. Actually, I am hoping that this free shipping offer extends to when the Police SACDs are available.

3. Justin Lane

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Justin, thanks for the tip. I'm trying to remember, are the Police remasters slated for release this coming Tuesday (2/11) or early March (e.g., 3/3)? I know the Gabriel SACDs are coming on March 3rd. If the Police SACDs are coming this coming Tuesday, I'll be heading to a local Circuit City over lunch that day! [​IMG]

5. Justin Lane

Keith they are slated for a 3/3 release as far as I know. This Tuesday the 11th The Who My Generation is the big release from Universal.

J

6. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Justin, thanks. I don't know why I thought I had read awhile back that the Police SACDs would be out in February. So, March 3rd will be big, as we will hopefully get the Police and Peter Gabriel SACDs that day. It would have been perfect had the Dark Side of the Moon SACD not been delayed. [​IMG]

I pre-ordered My Generation from towerrecords.com when they were having their 25%-off sale a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully it will arrive next week (along with the Miles Davis Cookin' and CCR Cosmo's Factory SACDs I ordered at the same time).

7. Justin Lane

8. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Justin, I hear you. I picked up the Willy and the Poorboys SACD at the Tower Records in Cherry Hill a couple of months ago, but have not found Cosmo's Factory there or at the Tower in King of Prussia. The "special order" thing must mean that they never stock the item and just order it as they need it (i.e., when someone places an order for it). That doesn't mean that there will be delays. Hopefully the CCR SACDs are readily available so that Tower will get them quickly.

The Willy and the Poorboys and Getz/Gilberto SACDs are great. You will enjoy them. The CD layer on the CCR SACD beats the 20-bit K2 remaster. I've also compared the Getz/Gilberto SACD and current remastered CD, and the SACD is much smoother.