Free Shipping at BestBuy.com

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by GlennH, Jul 2, 2002.

1. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    subject says it.

My pre-order of LOTR (using a digital coupon) automatically shows $0.00 for shipping now.

2. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

Thanks for the info, but I see no real advantage of ordering DVDs from BB, even with no shipping charge. This is usually the same price as the store and they will also charge me sales tax.

3. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    All things being equal, delivery to home vs. going to the store can be an advantage to some if you're not in a hurry anyway.

This saved me a trip to BestBuy at lunchtime to pick up JIMMY NEUTRON this week. But if you're going by there anyway then, true, it's no real advantage.

4. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Yeah and hats off to BB, they were under no obligation to drop the shipping onan order I placed on6-19 for LOTR but they did it any how. When I ordered I uused a $10Digital coupon, it was $12.99 but now I see a final cost of $19.99, so I get it for $10.99 shipped not bad at all. Plus I get another $10 Digital coup after it ships. I'm kinda surprised at the $19.99 final cost thou, thought it might make $16.99, it still might.

5. David King

David King Stunt Coordinator

6. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Obviously, the value of the "$10 off" coupon increases and is even more of a better deal with this free shipping. I am getting the new version of Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan shipped for $14.00 and some change using the online coupon I received for ordered Black Hawk Down.