What's new

Free SACD with Nov. 21st Rolling Stone Magazine! (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
See what you started back up by asking such a simple question :)
I know, and it wasn't intentional ;)

The only "clue" I can find is in the original release info - tracks from the "top 500" featured in the magazine, which I'm guessing means back catalog artists. Which is fair enough, I'm hoping for some "big names" though to attract attention to the disc.

Guess we'll find out soon. How much does a copy of Rolling Stone cost these days?

Michael Were

Stunt Coordinator
I was hoping someone got it in the mail a couple days early. I guess we get to wait a few more days. It's surprising that the tracks never got leaked to the masses.

Michael

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
I got mine yesterday (subscription copy). I also saw it out on the stands 2 days ago. NO SIGN OF ANY SACD IN ANY COPY I SAW!!! The SACD-DVD-A article was in there, but NO indication of ANY promotion ANYWHERE in the magazine!! What the hell is going on here???

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Larry, who is on the cover?

I saw RS at a Walmart at lunch, and I'd swear the cover date was 11/28. The cover was a full shot of a blonde babe (Jessica Simpson, maybe). But there was no CD inside, so I assumed that it was not THE issue.

BGL

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
It is the Jessica Simpson issue. This was the one we were told would have the SACD and it DOES have the related article.

Lee???

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I also saw it out on the stands 2 days ago. NO SIGN OF ANY SACD IN ANY COPY I SAW!!! The SACD-DVD-A article was in there, but NO indication of ANY promotion ANYWHERE in the magazine!! What the hell is going on here???
Stealth marketing at its finest :laugh:

J

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
Couldn't comment until now--at work. My comment is--thanks, I can't wait to get the disc already. I was totally bummed when the current issue came without it. All previous stuff I had seen led me to believe that the Simpson issue was to have the disc, to coincide with the hi-rez article, but I guess I can hold out a little longer.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
It still doesn't tell us what's on the disc
I know but I posted it since it addresses the date issue.

I think we may see some content listed soon. Sometimes track listings are not announced since they are a moving target. I will keep checking their website until I see something mentioned...

anthony_b

Screenwriter
My brother got his copy in the mail 2 days ago with the SACD-HYBRID included. He said it had DSOM, Norah Jones and I believe David Bowie songs.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Sony, Rolling Stone Magazine to Launch Aggressive SACD Marketing Campaign

New York City (October 22, 2003)--Sony Electronics has teamed with Rolling Stone magazine in an effort to increase public awareness about Super Audio CD (SACD). The SACD promotion, which is supported by Circuit City and Clear Channel Entertainment's Premiere Radio Networks, is set to begin on November 21 to coincide with the publication of Rolling Stone's "Top 500 Albums of All Time," the largest issue of the year.

Each of the 1.3 million copies of the magazine that are printed will have a 6-page gatefold advertisement that will include an actual multichannel SACD with selections from the Top 500 Albums that can be heard in either stereo or 5.1-channel surround sound. Readers will be able to take the disc to any one of the more than 600 Circuit City locations, where there will be an SACD kiosk waiting for them. There, they can hear the sampler in surround sound and enter a contest for a chance to win over 45,000 prizes including SACD-compatible DVD Dream systems and other SACD titles.

The contest will also be promoted on an "RS500 Greatest Songs of All Time" radio show that will be broadcast on more than 200 Premiere Radio Stations across the country.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
This is the track list that was posted over at Steve Hoffman's site:

1. Bob Dylan - "Simple Twist of Fate"
2. Pink Floyd - "Money"
3. The Who - "Pinball Wizard"
4. Herbie Hancock - "Watermelon Man"
5. Norah Jones - "Come Away With Me"
6. Elton John - "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" !!!
7. Billy Joel - "Movin' Out" (Anthony's Song)
8. Miles Davis - " Blue In Green"
9. Aerosmith - "Sweet Emotion"

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks