What's new

Free Polk sub or free Polk Bookshelfs (1 Viewer)

jon_ad

Stunt Coordinator
Crutchfield is running a special where if you spend 499.99 you get either a free PSW202 subwolfer (199.99) or a credit of 199.99 for other polk products. I am buying the PSW505 sub for my main ht setup. I have an older setup without an active sub so i could use the 202 but I also need new surrounds for my main setup. For my main setup I am running 7.0 (no sub yet of course) setup with a HK325,Athena ASF1 fronts, and a ASC1 center with an old set of RCAs for my four surrounds. Would I be better to use the credit to get a pair of Polk RTi28s for surrounds for free or wait to buy Athenas for my surrounds. I guess my main question is should I mix speakers or not.

Thanks

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
If you even have the slightest thought of getting more Polk stuff, I think you should take the credit. The Polk PSW202 was on sale at CC for $99 last week. It's back up to $199 now, but I think you'll see it come down again.

I just purchased an entire RTi set-up from Crutchfield. I use RTi28's for my surrounds and they're great. My speakers are not mixed though, so I can't help you with that part, sorry. I have RTi38s for mains and the CSi40 in the center. Love the set-up. I purchased the five speakers about two weeks before the free sub offer came out and Crutchfield still honored the deal.

Ralph

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
Yeah - they had this exact same promotion from CC about a year ago.

I would go w/ the credit. That PSW202 is extremely weak and boomy. I pawned that off probably about 4-6 months after using it. Totally unsatisfactory.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks