Free Polk sub or free Polk Bookshelfs

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by jon_ad, Dec 5, 2003.

1. jon_ad

jon_ad Stunt Coordinator

Crutchfield is running a special where if you spend 499.99 you get either a free PSW202 subwolfer (199.99) or a credit of 199.99 for other polk products. I am buying the PSW505 sub for my main ht setup. I have an older setup without an active sub so i could use the 202 but I also need new surrounds for my main setup. For my main setup I am running 7.0 (no sub yet of course) setup with a HK325,Athena ASF1 fronts, and a ASC1 center with an old set of RCAs for my four surrounds. Would I be better to use the credit to get a pair of Polk RTi28s for surrounds for free or wait to buy Athenas for my surrounds. I guess my main question is should I mix speakers or not.

Thanks

2. Ralph Summa

Ralph Summa Supporting Actor

If you even have the slightest thought of getting more Polk stuff, I think you should take the credit. The Polk PSW202 was on sale at CC for $99 last week. It's back up to $199 now, but I think you'll see it come down again.

I just purchased an entire RTi set-up from Crutchfield. I use RTi28's for my surrounds and they're great. My speakers are not mixed though, so I can't help you with that part, sorry. I have RTi38s for mains and the CSi40 in the center. Love the set-up. I purchased the five speakers about two weeks before the free sub offer came out and Crutchfield still honored the deal.

Ralph

3. Ernest Yee

Ernest Yee Supporting Actor

Yeah - they had this exact same promotion from CC about a year ago.

I would go w/ the credit. That PSW202 is extremely weak and boomy. I pawned that off probably about 4-6 months after using it. Totally unsatisfactory.