What's new

Free personal website (1 Viewer)

Matt_Vaudrin

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering if anyone knows of any good free personal websites. Something where I can post blogs/reviews, but also do other things.

I really want something Free.

Has anyone used Freewebs.com at all? I've heard it's pretty good.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
If you can live with ads, Bravenet is great. I'm not sure what their free stuff includes as of today, but you used to be able to do an entire web site and get all these neat "Guestbook", "Message Boards", etc. tools to incorporate as well.

p.s. I don't know if you need to have a domain name to use Bravenet's free service, but definitely look into it.

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
The biggest thing to watch out for is if the "free" site makes you install any 3rd party programs, ActiveX controls, etc. Avoid anthing that requires these as they will ad Spyware/tracking software to your computer and you'd be asking for nothing but troubles. "Free" is usually never "free". There's always something attached to it. Read the fine print!

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Depending on who your ISP provider is, most of them offer some Server storage for personal websites that come with your plan. Many people aren't even aware that they have that service/storage at their fingertips and are already paying for it in their monthly ISP charges. Check with your ISP and see if you already have web space that you are not using.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
I have had my Free HT web site with Freeservers.com for over 6 years now and have not spent a dime, no programs to download, no spyware or ad ware. The free site does have ads, banners and Pop-Ups but what can you say it's free!

It has a great site builder if you do not know HTML like me. Not sure if it will do blogs!

My site now with over 74,000 hits
Link Removed

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> "Free" is usually never "free".

Not true. There are plenty of examples of free things that don't have malware attached.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhirooajantoom