What's new

Free PDF Creator for Windows? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
Hello - I need a freeware pdf processor for Windows. Since MacOS X can process pdf files natively, Windows users come to me to convert Word and rtf documents to pdf for them. I'd like to point them to a tool where they can do it themselves. Thanks.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
If they're basic Word and RTF documents, the newest version of OpenOffice (which can read Word and RTF documents) has an "export to PDF" function built into it. It's never given me a problem, but admittedly I've never used it for complicated documents.

GhostScript is a free converter but is not all that easy to set up and use. Once it's up, it's pretty good although the last time that I used it (about a year ago) it had some formatting issues. GhostScript is also multi-platform is available in Windows and several versions of UNIX.

PDF995 is also a freebie, but you'll get a pop-up advertisement every time that you convert something.

Although I've never used it, CutePDF seems to be relatively popular as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks