What's new

Free MGM DVD: How long after check clears does it take? (1 Viewer)

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
My check for the Dances with Wolves EE free DVD cleared 17 days ago but still no sign of the DVD. Any of you who have recieved it already please tell me how long it took.

Matty P

Stunt Coordinator
I saw in another thread a point made that most of the better special editions were out of stock on the MGM website...hopefully the majority of us get our first choices...I asked for Spinal Tap...did you get yours Drew?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It is at the end of the Dances with Wolves thread that the "out of stock" message for MGM DVDs on their site is mentioned. I just checked the two I listed: The Producers and Bull Durham. If you click them on their website, in the "add to your shopping cart" box they are listed as "This DVD is currently unavailable."

Now, whether it really will be unavailable for this offer or not is another question. It could be that they are holding some copies for the free offer and so you just can't buy them from MGM directly right now.

It could be that the message is completely irrelevant and shows up for all DVDs. I tried a few that were not in the offer and saw the same message.

Neil

Nick Senger

Stunt Coordinator
My check cleared on June 23 and I have not received The Graduate or Fiddler on the Roof yet. I am hoping that one of them is still available.

Jon Huber

Agent
My check to MGM hasn't cleared yet, I think I requested Some Like It Hot with Bull Durham as a second choice. It is good to hear that some have been cashed and DVD received.

MGM seems to be going about it a little quicker than Columbia Trisar. The check I sent them on Feb 10th for the buy two get one free promo from Spiderman just cleared my bank last night! I had figured it lost in the mail. At this rate I ought to receive my DVD (On The Waterfront, I think) by Christmas.

Nick Senger

Stunt Coordinator
Yes! I just received my copy of The Graduate in the mail. I sent my check on May 21st, it cleared on June 23rd, and I received it on July 14. That's about six weeks if I'm adding correctly. The Graduate was my first choice. I checked the MGM website three days ago and their store listed it as currently unavailable, so there is hope for those of you in the same situation.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Nick for telling us about being the first lucky one to get his DVD. As I suspected, the "currently unavailable" for purchase from the website doesn't seem to have much relevance for them sending us the DVD in this promotion.

Neil

Bill Burns

Supporting Actor
Mine just arrived. I don't have the cancelled check on hand, but I mailed it in on May 29th, and the disc arrived today, July 24th. That's exactly eight weeks (56 days). The offer said to allow eight to ten weeks for delivery, so :emoji_thumbsup: to MGM. The Rebate Administrators included a small typed note of thanks.

They sent my first choice, by the way: The Producers: SE. And in reading the offer carefully, I noted they said you could include the original receipt or (in bold) the proof of purchase tab. Not wanting to mar my box, I sent in the receipt and the rebate form, along with the check. This appears to have worked just fine, so anyone reluctant to cut up your box, worry not -- the receipt seems sufficient. Just read the directions carefully.

The DVD is brand new, and the disc didn't come loose in shipment. All of my usual worries were needless. What a deal! I just stopped in Best Buy yesterday to discover a buy one, get one free offer that included buying a newly discounted Hart's War and getting a copy of Road House free. With the BB price of The Producers, that makes thirty dollars I've saved in deals this week. That's a good week.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
They haven't cashed my check yet, but I sent it a bit late...

But C/TS, as was mentioned before... bad. I sent in for a free DVD with Stuart Little 2... requested Labrynth back in December!! It just came in the mail 2 days ago. I had almost forgotten about it. To put it in perspective, I requested it before they even announced the Superbit.

Dance Magic, Dance.

Matty P

Stunt Coordinator
Just an update, I received my copy of This Is Spinal Tap (my first choice) yesterday, don't know when my check cleared but I mailed it in 3 days after the Dances With Wolves SE came out...disc/case were both in perfect condition...thanks MGM!

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
I sent my check away about 5 weeks ago so I'm expecting something sometime soon. Why the high (5.95) shipping and handling for this though? Most other mail in rebate offers including the recent two disc special edition offer Warner run and the Sunrise free dvd offer only charge 2-3 bucks for shipping.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
I sent my check on 6/16/2003, it cleared on 7/18/2003, and I received my DVD ("Salvador", my first choice) on 7/29/2003. The DVD arrived in excellent condition.

My Warner rebate check, also sent out on 6/16/2003, has not even cleared yet.

Paul Linfesty

Stunt Coordinator
I sent my check in immediately the day after DANCES WITH WOLVES was released. I FINALLY received my choice (THELNMA AND LOUISE) yesterday.

Cavan.B

Stunt Coordinator
I send the check in on the 25th of May, and recieved my first choice (The Last Waltz) about a week ago. I was expecting a 6-8 week wait, and that's what it turned out to be. I even got the limited slipcover version. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks