Free, full games for download

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Linda Thompson, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Linda Thompson

Linda Thompson Supporting Actor

2. James T

James T Screenwriter

This is news to me. It certainly brings back some memories when Descent was the best flight game, Duke 3d was the best FPS, and Arena was the best RPG. Ahh...the memories.

I've wanted to play Redguard(my alltime fav. game), but the intructions on Bethseda's site makes my head hurt [​IMG]

3. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Not a bad list of games on there-hadn't realized that some of those had been opened up. If you're looking for something great on there to play, I can't recommend Star Control 2 (remade as the Ur-Quan Masters) highly enough. It's simply one of the five best PC games ever made. If you've got the patience to deal with emulators, Fool's Errand is also quite good.

4. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

I consider myself pretty knowledge about the internet and computers in general. I mean, I understand the basic principles involved but I can't seem to make heads or tails of the liberatedgames.org website.

Can't they just offer the original programs without having to emulate them? I run the Mac OS so almost all of the original programs would still run, even under the classic environment. Bungie seemed to be the only company offering the actual game download.

Can someone explain this website, please?