What's new

Free FOX Demo Disc #1 DVD!! (1 Viewer)

MarkBurton

Second Unit
I just missed this one. Got to Best Buy early this morning, but not early enough. Hmmph. I would be glad to purchase one from anybody willing to sell theirs. Just write me and let me know. Thanks.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
I went to Best Buy around noon and of course didn't get one. I wonder if my friend Abbie from school got one when she got in the store?

Henry Colonna

Stunt Coordinator
Took an hour to get to Best Buy and fight through a mob for 30 minutes looking for this and turned up empty
:angry:

AndrewA

Stunt Coordinator
Got to Best Buys at 6:45 and saw the parking lot...needless to say, line wrapped around the building and no spaces to park the car. Lucked out got a space and took my place at the end of the line. Knew we wouldn't get one since they were handing it out to the first 500 customers, but my wife found one that someone left at a table. After waiting in line for 25 minutes to checkout we finally walked out with our purchases (free DVD and 6 CD's). Not really worth getting up at 6, but hey, it was fun.

LarryH

Supporting Actor
This pretty much confirms my suspicions about the value of this DVD, which is comforting since they were all gone at my Best Buy by 7:10. When I walked in (after parking in the grass next to the full parking lot), heard this, and saw people lined up in all directions, I just turned heel and left. Anyhow, that's the one and only time I'll ever get involved in that madness.

Mark Lee

Second Unit
After wading thru the seething mass of humanity at two different Best Buys (vainly looking for the cheap Compact Flash memory cards they advertised in their circular), I walked out empty-handed, except for a total of 3 copies of the Fox demo disc (which were just sitting in a pile by the entrance of the second BB I went to -- no one seemed to care about 'em!). I had to replace the keepcase on one of them with a recycled AOL case ('cause the spindle broke and the disc was rattling around inside the case -- seems to play fine, tho....)

(Wow, that was fast.... both of my extra copies have been spoken for by quick-fingered HTF'ers. Thanks for playing.)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I dropped by one of my 2 local Best Buys at 12:30 PM on the way to work to get this Disc. The Associate in the Home Theatre area told it was only free with the purchase of a DVD player. Say what!!! I left empty handed. I left work early & decided to try the same store again. The Home Theatre area was rather deserted, it was 9:30 PM, so I found a pile of 5 or 6 with all but one with a $4.99 price tag. I picked one & headed to the checkout, figuring five bucks was not a bad deal. It rang up as $0.00, & I was happy as a clam. After I got home I saw the flyer saying that no purchase was needed. I wonder if that Associate was misinformed, dumb, or trying to pull a fast one on the customers.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Excuse my ignorance if this has been answered somewhere else within the thread but where can I pick this DVD up at when I go into Best Buy?Who do I have to ask?

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Rubio
I waited in line and got mine without purchase. Then as I left the store, there was a group of 4 guys debating on what to do with their freebies. Each had a Fox Sampler. 3 of them also got the new DTS Audio Sampler from the back of the store.

I explained that you couldn't just put the DTS Sampler in a regular CD player and they immediately lost interest in it and gave them all to me.

Then they decided they didn't want the Fox Samplers either because none of them had DVD players!!!

So I left Best Buy with 5 Samplers and 3 of the DTS Audio Samplers. Free stocking stuffers for some friends.

Heh heh heh.

Andrew

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Keith,
I would not bother asking anyone for it. I am sure they are all gone by now. I got mine out of a box, which was on a cart. There were only five in it at the time.
I just finished going through the disc. There is absolutely nothing on it which most of us here did not already know about. Some clips of different movies and some THX stuff which we have already seen on different DVD's. The side-by-side comparison of a restored film was interesting.
However, this disc is AWESOME to educate J6P. I will certainly loan mine out to everyone I can think of. I will push it till I am as blue in the face as the cover is. What I am particularly talking about is the "DVD for Beginners" section. Great job by FOX and Bill Hunt of The Digital Bits.
The only thing I did not like was having to read everything. I am afraid that most people (who need to know this information) will get bored with it and not go through it completely. It should have been narrated by someone (James Earl Jones? forgive me I am a big fan) and different clips shown during the narration. Nevertheless when I loan out the disc I will strongly urge that person that they absolutely MUST read the entire section.
Thank you FOX!

Glenise

Supporting Actor
I checked out the disc yesterday.

I think it's pretty interesting.

I missed the THX stuff though.

I'm going to check them out again.

I liked the Best Pictures and Best Sounds areas.

I think I'm going to get "Edward Scissorhands".

I have never seen it.

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
So I left Best Buy with 5 Samplers and 3 of the DTS Audio Samplers
I heard this DTS sampler has a DTS94K/24bit track. I'd like to get a hold of one so I can test out the DTS 96K/24bit on the VSX-49TX receiver I plan on getting. Is there a place online that sells the DTS 96K/24bit music discs?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Heh. I was just in there. The saleslady who's supposed to have hidden one for me isn't there today until 2:30 this afternoon, and I'm supposed to be at a wedding then (my wife's cousin).
But, as we were picking up stuff, we walked past the Cell Phone section and saw one of these laying face down next to a Spring PCS display model! :) Naturally, I snagged it.
I'll go back and get the other one, too, if she really did hide one for me. I know someone who will want the extra one!

MarkBurton

Second Unit
Still trying to get a hold of one of these. If anyone has an extra to sell, please write to me and let me know. Thanks.

John Gido

Second Unit
Went to Best Buy in Totawa, NJ this morning (10:30 AM) and there were about 30 copies on a table as you walked in the door along with 50 U2 sample music CDs recorded live in Boston. Picked up 1 of each.

Ernest Aguayo

Stunt Coordinator
yeah, I was at Best Buy this morning (Saturday) and found one of the demo DVD's just lying around. the U2 live CD sampler was given out today and they had a huge stack of those remaining as of 11:00AM at the Manalapan, NJ BB. Store wasn't even crowded either.

who knows, you might be able to find the Fox DVD just lying around in the store.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Any non-U.S. citizens who are still wanting a copy of this DVD, please stay tuned to this thread. That's all I can say for now. . . :)
-mwb-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks