Free discussion forum hosting?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Pedrosa, May 31, 2002.

1. Michael Pedrosa

I want to create a discussion forum for a group of about 150 people. Does anyone know of any free sites that host discussion groups?
    Thanks

2. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

In today's internet market, I doubt you'll find a truly free one. If you don't pay with money, you end up "paying" with very annoying pop-up advertising.
    I have been using ezboard for over a year now for some family discussions and games. Last year when I set it up it was completely free (no advertising). But with the way things have been going economically for such companies recently, they have started with really annoying advertising. So a couple months ago I paid...but I got a few people in my family who use the board quite a bit to help split the cost. It's pretty affordable actually.
    "Free" went away when people realized you can't stay in business that way. Duh! [​IMG]

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Yahoo Groups is not too bad. Been using it for over a year for two different car groups, one with 80+ members, the other with about 70. Works good, except that you have to deal with the occasional advertisement.

4. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

msn.com offers a similar service.

5. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

does it have to be a bullatin board? or would an IRC chat work? that about as free as it gets [​IMG]