What's new

Free discussion forum hosting? (1 Viewer)

I want to create a discussion forum for a group of about 150 people. Does anyone know of any free sites that host discussion groups?
Thanks

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
In today's internet market, I doubt you'll find a truly free one. If you don't pay with money, you end up "paying" with very annoying pop-up advertising.
I have been using ezboard for over a year now for some family discussions and games. Last year when I set it up it was completely free (no advertising). But with the way things have been going economically for such companies recently, they have started with really annoying advertising. So a couple months ago I paid...but I got a few people in my family who use the board quite a bit to help split the cost. It's pretty affordable actually.
"Free" went away when people realized you can't stay in business that way. Duh! :D

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yahoo Groups is not too bad. Been using it for over a year for two different car groups, one with 80+ members, the other with about 70. Works good, except that you have to deal with the occasional advertisement.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
does it have to be a bullatin board? or would an IRC chat work? that about as free as it gets :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newyork333
Recent bookmarks