What's new

FREE classic (and contemporary) video game convention in Cincinnati! (1 Viewer)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Greetings!
I am an organizer for this event, though my involvement will be less than it was in 1998 and 1999. However, I can guarantee the event will be fun. Virtually every past attendee we have contacted will be there, and more to boot.
The first time we had about 25 people, the second time we had about 50 people. This time, who knows!
Buy/Sell/Trade, play for fun, play for tournament prizes, and have a good time!
Hope to see you in Cincinnati in November! The main day is the 10th!
http://www.cinciclassic.com

Andre F

Screenwriter
Too bad for me. I just got done travelling there. If I happen to go back I'll check it out.
-Andre F
------------------
-= Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape! =-
[Edited last by Andre F on October 10, 2001 at 04:29 PM]

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Michael -
What can we expect in the way of vendors? I noticed that the tables are a very modest $10, and I hope that encourages a lot of people to bring their wares. I hope I can pick up some Atari 7800 accessories on the cheap. Alas, the console itself is all I can find in my parents' attic.
------------------
Link Removed
He obviously misinterpreted what it means to "be bullish."

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
David,
If the past is any indication of the future, there will be plenty of vending, and more classic stuff for sale than you can imagine. 2600/5200/7800/Vectrex/Coleco/Lynx/Jaguar is where most of the selling occurs, last time Dreamcast was where a lot of the playing occurred (but still lots of classic play as well). Of course at that point Dreamcast had just come out and everybody wanted to get their mitts on it.
A shame the XBox was delayed a week or we'd have one there for play.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Don't forget. :)
EDIT: Mike, I was just looking at the 1999 pictures, and noticed Bill Augustine. He consults for the company I work at, and I just finished designing his business cards. This city is way too damned small!
biggrin.gif

[Edited last by David Lawson on November 07, 2001 at 07:09 PM]

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
David, I've known Bill for about 6 years and worked with him for a couple. He is one of the organizers of the event.
Just a reminder folks, CinciClassic is this weekend, and there is going to be some real cool stuff there. Unreleased games, upcoming games, prototype hardware, the works. Great stuff, and smart people to talk about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks