What's new

Free Blu-ray disc with completed training! (1 Viewer)

John Swarce

Second Unit
I got my copy of Deja Vu last week, along with my card and pin. The next day, I got another copy of Deja Vu, along with a card and pin! I guess I am doubly certified! The other copy will go to a friend just getting into hi-def DVD's.

--John

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Yeah, I got to tell ya, I dont need a free dvd bad enough to "have a company" all of a sudden...:thumbsdown:

God_Speed351

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chuck Burgess

I dont need one bad enought either but hey, Free means free.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Bmoney

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John

seriously. hell if they wanna give em away ill take em. i mean they make enough money off us already...whats a freebie here and there ;)

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Sweet! THE PRESTIGE for me! And the training actually taught me a few things about recordable BR and next generation features I wasn't aware of, so it wasn't like pulling teeth.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I have a legitimate reason for doing this, free disc or not. When I am out and about pitching FiOS, people ask me all kinds of stuff about HD and various formats.

The training helped a bit, although I knew a lot of the info presented already.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I would very careful on doing this. If you have a business its one thing but, if you don't then sooner or later they will catch on!!! Be very careful!!

What exactly are you worried about? Either they send you the disk, or they don't.

Bmoney

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John

seriously they would give you a merchandiser code if it were that big of a deal.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
It's been officially one full month since I did this and my copy of THE PRESTIGE has not yet arrived; I know the caveat for the offer is up to eight weeks delivery, so I'm not panicking yet, but I was curious what timeline the rest of you have experienced for receiving your freebies?

Matthew H

Second Unit
I think it depends on where you live.. the return address was in California so it took barely 2 weeks for me to get mine.

Matthew H

Second Unit
Hmm.. I just tried getting one for a friend using their information and it doesn't look like they're giving out movies any more.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter

It could be that, in light of certain news items of late (ahem), they don't need to resort to such marketing tactics anymore. I hope they don't leave those of us who completed the training prior to said news announcement out in the cold, though...you've got me worried now...

agnerc

Grip
Real Name
Chris
I completed the training, got above 80%, clicked back on the link, it told me my score but I do not see where I request a disc. Any ideas?

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks