Free A&E Mega Boxes

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by George Cifrancis, Apr 23, 2002.

1. George Cifrancis

George Cifrancis Stunt Coordinator

George
    Hi Folks,
    If anyone bought the individual sets of the A&E collections like Monty Python and The Prisoner, you can write to them and they will send you the "mega" boxes for free. I emailed them telling them that I bought all the individual sets for both of those titles and they said they would ship me the mega boxes (boxes that hold the entire set) for free! That was pretty nice of them. Although I did pay a lot more money for the individual sets than if I waited and bought the mega sets when they came out. Not to mention having to send the defective audio Prisoner 2 set back TWICE.
    Anyway email [email protected] and tell them what complete sets you own and your mailing address and they will send you the mega boxes.
    George C.

2. MartinTeller

MartinTeller Screenwriter

Thanks for the tip, George! I will definitely be asking for the Prisoner box!

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

That's nice of them! I wonder if I can get my Python box, which came ripped, replaced...

4. George Cifrancis

George
    "That's nice of them! I wonder if I can get my Python box, which came ripped, replaced..."

I am sure you can. You can either tell them it was damaged or just tell them you bought the sets individually and want the mega box.

George C.

5. Sean_J

Sean_J Agent

Thank you very much for the great tip! Let me know if you got any other tips! I am really impressed A&E would send the mega boxes for free.

Please post more information about other things like this if you find out.

6. Wade K

Wade K Second Unit

I just requested one as I bought all of the Pythons individually before I even knew there was a complete box coming out. Used it as an opportunity to compliment them on their discs like Shackleton and Longitude . Hopefully, I'll be able to get one.

7. Derek U

Derek U Stunt Coordinator

I e-mailed the address provided yesterday, and I just got a reply from Vickee at Customer Service saying that my boxes for "Flying Circus" and "Emma Peal" would be shipped and I should get them in a few weeks. I mentioned that I got wind of the offer via the forum, so she asked, and I sent her the URL. It looks like this incredibly generous offer is the real thing!

Derek

8. Wade K

Wade K Second Unit

I got a positive response from Vickee as well. It seems like they have a really good crew working in their DVD department. I've liked all their releases I've purchased. Extra touches like this will keep me buying.

9. Derek U

Derek U Stunt Coordinator

I just got a telephone call from my mother. The A&E boxes have arrived! They came via UPS and even had to be signed for! The only reason I had them shipped to my house instead of here at school is that I'm only here another two weeks, and I figured it would take that long if not longer (a la Jurassic Park offer), but they came in a matter of days! A&E definitely scored some major brownie points with me, and I'm sure I will be buying their products in the future!

Derek

10. George Cifrancis

George
    I just got my boxes today but one of them was the Complete Emma Peel Avengers box instead of The Prisoner box that I needed. :-( I did get the Python box as well though.

George

11. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

Thanks for the tip, George! I sent them an email tonight.

12. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

Got my Python and Prisoner boxes yesterday.

A&E should get a tremendous round of applause for this selfless effort.

13. MartinTeller

MartinTeller Screenwriter

I got my Prisoner mega-box a while ago... but now I'm not sure, I kinda want to keep using the 2-disc boxes because they more info on them. Decisions, decisions!