free 24 season 2 (ep 1 & 2) at best buy!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Sean Patrick, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Sean Patrick

Sean Patrick Supporting Actor

i've been eagerly awaiting the arrival of season 2 on dvd since finishing season 1 - so imagine my surprise when i walked into Best Buy yesterday and found free copies of the first two episodes, with a mail in coupon on the back for the boxed set.

now for even better news - both episodes ar ein full 16:9 glory, and in dolby digital 5.1 (the first season was only dolby surround).

go grab them while you can

2. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

i saw one two days ago laying near the steroe receivers. I figured they were free but didnt want to chance accidentaly "stealing it" and have Best Buys bouncer run out at me.
    lol

3. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    I walked into Best Buy yesterday and asked about it. They had a stack of them at the register back in the DVD department. Handed me one and I walked out.

4. WillG

WillG Producer

What a genius makerting scheme. I'm sure most people who decide to take this free DVD and watch it are going to want to pick up the full set. I wish this would be done more with TV on DVD product

5. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    Not to mention getting more people hooked on the series for Season 3, thereby improving ratings and advertising revenue. I think the cost of producing and distributing these promo discs will be money well spent by Fox.

Assuming the quality of the series stays high, that is. [​IMG]

Personally, though, I'm not sure I'm going to pick Season 2 up. I watched every episode when aired and I'm just not sure I would find the time to view it all again.

6. Sean Patrick

for those who aren't sure they would like to watch season 2 again, let me say that i thought the same thing about season one after finishing the dvd's six months ago, but my wife and i have been LOVING our refresher course over the past two weeks, rewatching for hints, clues, and inconsistencies (not many believe it or not!). it's funny, certain things seem MORE suspenseful the second time (while others obviously are less)..

anyway i've only seen these 2 episodes of season 2 - so far it looks just as good, if not more intense, than the first. i'd say more but i don't want to spoil anything..well, here :

within the first two episodes, jack's already killed a witness, cut his head off with a hacksaw, and broken a guys ankle in a pretty ugly matter. yikes! people told me he went a litle nuts in season 2, and that this is just the tip of the iceburg!!

7. Sean Patrick

PS -

i'm wondering how someone who's never seen season 1 would react to watching this free dvd. it STILL might hook them....although the impact would be diminished greatly IMHO.

but this IS a genius marketing tool. VERY surprised it hasn't been used more, and very smart to give us TWO episodes instead of one.

i was SUPPOSED to wait for the dvd's to come out, but i'm pretty sure i'll be staying up late on sunday night to watch at least episodes 3-4 (10a - noon in the show) on FX during the Labor Day marathon. i just can't wait, even if it's not going to be 16:9.

8. WillG

WillG Producer

9. Brent M

Brent M Producer

Got the free DVD at Best Buy on Tuesday and watched both episodes last night. Even though I watched season 2 when it originally aired, I really enjoyed re-visiting the show and I will definitely be buying the box set on 9/9. The DD 5.1 track is infinitely better than the pro-logic track on the season 1 DVD and it makes watching the show more like a movie. My only gripe is that there is still a lot of grain in the picture(just like the season 1 DVDs), but I guess that's just how the show is filmed. All in all, I'm looking forward to this release and I'm REALLY looking forward to season 3. I hope the quality of the show lives up to the standard set in the first two seasons.